Is this constant flu feeling infections or hormones??

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by suz9601, May 22, 2006.

1. suz9601

suz9601 Member

anyone know what this 24/7 flu feeling is? I dont know if I should concentrate more on hormones like adrenals/estrogen that I am so low in, or more on infections..I would assume infections,but I dont know if really low cortisol can cause the flu like feeling too. I have had enough of this. I feel flu like all day and night and am too tired to keep my eyes open on most days. What do you think causes this feeling?
  2. maggie428

maggie428 New Member

Hi Suz~~~~Now you did not give your age. Are you in menopause?? Have you seen a Doctor? But then I did for years and they just don't understand. Are you achy and stiff. And how long have you been feeling like this? Are you feeling overwhelmed or sad about something? Could be you have CFS or FM but then you really do need to see a Doctor if you haven't already. I have FM and I get very tired, achy even though I am on meds. Sometimes I get the chills and then I sweat. I have to pace my days so I can get though them. But that is easy for me as I am retired. So I wish you luck and hope you can get to see some helpful Doctor.

Best wishes~~~~~~~Maggie
    [This Message was Edited on 05/22/2006]
  3. suz9601

suz9601 Member

I am only 28. Have seen several doctors in the past, currently dont have one..the past ones were not of any help for me. I am achy, exhausted all day and night. I have had CFS/FM for 10 years, since age 18 but the past 6 months have been the worst.

I do not know what has gotten worse..my estrogen, cortisol are low I know and I'm sure I have several infections..most of us do..so anyway, thanks for replying..I guess I just need to find a good doc and start figuring it all out...doctors never have helped me at all...

Take care,
    Suz
  4. suz9601

suz9601 Member

Me too..not sure which one is causing the most problems..not fun that is for sure. Hope things get better for us soon.
  5. suz9601

suz9601 Member

I'm not herxing, or at least I should't be..not on anything that should make me herx..thanks for the reply
  6. maggie428

maggie428 New Member

SUZ~~~~I sure do hope that you find a Doctor that listens to you. So many of them have just so much time that they can spend with each patient. This is wrong as many is the time I would have liked to talk to the Doc and they are out the door before you can get all your thoughts together.

So as I said before~~Good Luck and I hope you feel better soon. It sounds like you are no stranger to this.

Maggie
  7. ANNXYZ

ANNXYZ New Member

that hormones give you the flu feeling at all. I bekieve the immune system is trying to fire up against
    bacteria or viruses , and it causes the all over flu like malaise .

I have had it for ten years , diagnosed with CFIDS / FM
    and now find my real problem is lyme infection.

Many others here have had the SAME experience . There is a new test that is reliable called Igenex ( labs ) .
    Most docs who are familiar with lyme will consider you positive for lyme if you show antibodies on two bands .
    The old lyme tests are totally worthless .

I always felt I was suffering from a chronic infection -
    my instincts were exactly right .
  8. Jordane

Jordane New Member

Like symptoms is something I had all winter.

I used to say that on bad days it was a bad case of the flu, and medium to mild on others.

Went thru all kinds of tests to see what it was.

Finally my Doc told me it was CF, And that my body was stuck in the flu mode.And cannot get out.

It isnt as bad as it was.Comes and goes now.More prominent when I overdo things,or really stressed.

Hope you get help!!
    Jordane

9. Dlebbole

Dlebbole New Member

It seems to me like a "shot in the dark" approach may be in order. You are too young to not try every possibility. Finding a doctor who is willing to take chances is so important for us. How long have you been feeling this way? Diane
  10. suz9601

suz9601 Member

Thanks for teh replies.

Diane, I have had CFS/FM for over 10 years, since age 18. The flu stuff started about a year ago. It was going off and on and now it is most all the time. I wish I had a doc that had some knowledge..so I wouldn't feel like I'm doing this alone..ya know?

Take care,
    Suz