Is this Coxsackie?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Sun_Rae, Oct 24, 2008.

1. Sun_Rae

Sun_Rae New Member

I've had these symptoms for the past 8-9 days:

- muscle aches (not bad, but like when you have the flu)
    - minor rise in body temp but no fevers
    - bump or irritation on tongue (can't see it as its on the side of my tongue in the back where I can't see)
    - extreme fatigue (moreso than normal)
    - extreme brain fog

Does this sound familiar?? I haven't seen an MD cause I get these weird things and the small-town docs laugh me out the door. Starting to get brain and some energy back. Hoping this is near the end of whatever it is..
  2. justlooking

justlooking New Member

I believe there are many types of Coxsackie viruses. i would google it to see what the different symptoms can be.

My daughter and son both had a Coxsackie virus recently. Both had a mouth FULL of blisters... on the tongue, lips, throat, gums, cheeks. They were everywhere. They both had terrible muscle pain, fatigue, sore throat, horrible headache, very swollen neck glands(under the chin and tonsils) and temperatures up to 104 which lasted for about 10 days. My son has never been so sick and it took a month for him to regain his strength. I took him to Urgent Care and they sent him to he ER because he was so sick. They did all kinds of tests and that is how I found out he had a Coxsackie virus. My daughter however wasn't quite as sick as he was and got over it much quicker and wasn't knocked down like my son. She had a milder case of it but with all the same symptoms. She had it first and her Dr just thought it was the flu or tonsillitis. I took her to the Dr before all of the blisters broke out in her mouth and she only had very swollen tonsils and inflamed throat.

So as you can see there are very different reactions to the virus. Hopefully if it is what you have it will remain a minor case.