Is this DD rotting my teeth?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by tata1580, Jul 29, 2006.

1. tata1580

tata1580 New Member

I have always had great teeth..I mean healthy teeth..even my dentist always said good job..at you age..the past month or so I have had a tender feeling on one of my bottom teeth and today seemed like many teeth..

So what I am am wondering is? I am so low on nutrients that my body is robbing what have always kept my teeth healthy..

I am really gonna be pissy if on top of hurting all the time, dizzy and foggy most of the time, sleepy most the time.....

I HAVE TO GUM MY DARN FOOD!!!!

TELL IT IS NOT SO!!!!

Tami
  2. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

it is called either gum recession or errosian..take some sensodyne tooth paste and brush teeth...then after down brusing....
    rub some on the area of the to enamel that is sensistive to cold....

that sometimes does the trick....if not dentist can give you a script for something for your teeth enamel...sensitivity..

usually it will go away in about 7-10 days...

hang in there we aren't 21 anymore...that's what i am told'i am a retired registered dental assistant..

jodie
  3. dleaning

dleaning New Member

a few years ago. Then all of a sudden, I was getting abcesses left and right. To date, have had 13 root canals and 4 teeth pulled.

Mind you, I went to the dentist every 6 months for cleanings and check ups and rarely had a cavity.

It was a very painful couple of years. Thank God, I don't have many teeth left to work on!!!

Dawn
  4. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

one of my biggest nightmares is to lose all my teeth - I'm 56 and still have them but I often wonder what the effect this DD, meds and supplements is going to have on them.

I couldnt bear false teeth, I know that so I'd be gumming my darn food too.

love
    Rosie
  5. tata1580

tata1580 New Member

Hi....Thank your for all of the responses..

The only one I sure don't like hearing is that we are not 21 any more!!! I have been trying to fight that for years, guess I might have to give in some now huh?

Oleaning..13 root canals....OUCH!!!

I think I will try the sensodyne first and see what happens and go from there...keeping this may go to the bi-carb and salt..and I am definetly look into the collioiad minerals..

I really only have a dry mouth when I wake up in the night I guess from sleeping with my big mouth open.

Rosebud...I might walk like Chester from Gunsmoke..but I am with you...I don't want to gum my food or have those false teeth..I know me..I will be one of those folks that sneeze and they fly across the room!

Thank you all for the info.

Happy chewing!!
    Tami
  6. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

Are you taking an anti-depressant? They have a side-effect of creating dry mouth which in turn creates dental problems. God bless, Anne Theresa
  7. suzetal

suzetal New Member

My dentist told me my calcium levels were so low and my D was practically non existent.

I have oastio and OA .The teeth are bone.

I have started taking 1200 mg calcium and 500 mg vitamin D .It has seemed to slow down the rotting.And the sensitivity has gone.

Talk to your dentist about what I mentioned.

I also am against false teeth.I am trying hard to save what I got left.

Sue
  8. BlueSky555

BlueSky555 New Member

Hi Tami,

I see that you have already received several responses but just wanted to let you know that here's another one with "not so great teeth".

I have been fighting cavities most of my life, many years. About 4 years ago, I had some major dental work done, including whitening, costing almost 10,000, which at that time was worth it. I had not been dx with this DD at that time.

Well, I have been fighting to keep my teeth in the best shape I could; brushing with sensitive toothpaste, brushing after eating, rinsing with mouthwash, flossing. Well, I feel as if I'm fighting a losing battle because I have had several cavities since then and of course the dry mouth thing.

I really think I may have had false teeth if I had it to do over again, knowing about this DD, not really sure. I know that I am tired of fighting because I still have problems.

If you can continue taking care of your teeth, then PLEASE do so. I would recommend that to anyone. As I speak, I am still fighting to keep mine.

BlueSky555
  9. tata1580

tata1580 New Member

Thanks for your response.

No I do not take anti-depressants, I gave them up a long time ago...

I am sure hoping it is just the sensitive teeth deal, I may have to admit to the getting old deal...NO NEVER...NEVER...haha

Thanks for caring
    Tami
  10. tata1580

tata1580 New Member

Suzetal..Thank God you found something that is helping you, I hope that it continues..thank you for the info..and I am putting it on my list.

Blueskye555...Bless your heart..sounds like you have had a miserable time of things with your teeth..I have always been so lucky and have always tried to take care of mine..I am one of those folks that floss while watching TV..just can not stand nasty feeling mouth..never had any problems or pains, and that is why this is scaring me so..I know we have trouble keeping ahold of nutrients..I do anyway...I hope that you have better luck in the future...I hope if you do have to go with false teeth that you are one of the folks that they work well for..and you just might be since you have had so much trouble with your own...Best wishes to you for that! A fresh ear of corn this time of year is a bad thing to have to miss out on huh?

Thank you your great!!
    Tami