Is this Fibro? Really Scared!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by TaniaF, May 30, 2010.

1. TaniaF

TaniaF Member

I posted under costochondritis to another lady as I get this too, BUT I have no idea what is going on with my body this past week. Very weird.

I get these muscle aches quite often and now I am in a horrible flare. It's my entire rib cage, shoulder blades and collar bones. It seems like it is in both sides (like all around my middle).

This flare has been wierd--one day my lower back and hips hurt, the next day it's my shoulders and neck, then a headache, then my ribs, AND it seems to move around each day. Muscles aches, tissues burn...

I can't figure out if this what you all call a FIBRO flare? I don't understand it -- it scares me AND the doctors have no clue.

Anyone else like this?????

Please respond --I need to know if I'm the only one!
  2. Debra49659

Debra49659 New Member

I can't say if it's a flair for you, but I've had similar flairs myself. You may want to see your doctor to make sure its not serious. Anytime I have pain that is new to me, I will at least make a phone call to his office and ask for advice.

I'm really in a fog today, I just can't remember my words...but adults can get a chickpox virus which can be very painful but I think you'd also have a rash with that...grr, fibro fogs suck!

Rest as much as possible, heat or ice whatever helps...warm baths.

Call you doctor tomorrow.....or an urgent care today if you are nervous about this new pain.

Take Care,
  3. 3gs

3gs New Member

Hi Tania
    It sure sounds like a flare to me. Iam in one right now that sounds exactly like what you are describing,its been going on for a month.

It's normal for the pain to move around and be different. I hate the burning part like a blowtorch all over your body.

always ck things out and hope it starts to ease. what kind of weather are you having?
  4. TaniaF

TaniaF Member

I live in Florida and it's hot and humid. I usually flare when it's cold too! Don't laugh but Florida had a wicked winter this past year _ I couldn't warm up. But, when it's hot I stay indoors with the A/C on.

The worst part of this flare is in the ribs and chest. I have slight asthma too and this flares up everything. Just can't breathe easy when my ribs hurt.

This is not the first time this has happened, but seems like it has hit my body all over this time.
    Sometimes I wonder if I have an autoimmune disorder but ANA and SED rate tests come out normal.

Thanks for writing - I guess I'm not alone.

Do you take any specific meds? I'm super sensitive, so I only take Tylenol and use the heating pad.
    I've been taking Ginger along with my vitamins and it helps a little bit.
  5. Nanie46

Nanie46 Moderator

FM is really a symptom of a larger infectious picture.

It is very possible that you have chronic infections like Borrelia burgdorferi, Bartonella or even Babesia.

Many of these infections occur together.

Many people on this board later found out that they had Borrelia burgdorferi and other infections.

Rib pain can be associated with Bartonella, and muscle aches can be associated with many of these infections.

The biggest mistake I made was thinking that FM was my final diagnosis because all my symptoms fit. It is the CAUSE of the symptoms that matters....and you need to find it to recover.

Please read this info carefully......both contain great symptom lists...

symptom list p 9-11 and information on coinfections like Bartonella, Babesia and Ehrlichia on pages 22-27....

6. 3gs

3gs New Member

I take lortab,clonezpam vitd3, vitc,and various others. I also am super sensitive so have to be careful with meds.

I agree with nanie46 however good luck finding a lyme doc. Weather this yr has been awful all over. Its rainy and cold in Ut right now-june 1!!!

hope your flare eases soon
  7. TaniaF

TaniaF Member

I have a really good Integrative Dr. a DO who told me that he was ordering blood tests to rule out any muscle wasting type diseases and doing the LYME blot test before he will confirm Fibro. Now, this is what I want.

Then he is mostly natural who does supplements, but will order regular meds if necessary.

He did say that he had other patients that were complaining of body aches and headaches and he also had a few days of it himself --So, there is a possibility that there could be a virus going around although I do not feel sick or have a fever.

So, I'll post when I get the labs back.

Thanks for all your support!
  8. Nanie46

Nanie46 Moderator

Just remember that Lyme is a clinical diagnosis. It means it is based on history, symptoms and exam, not a lab test.

Lyme tests are very unreliable and should NEVER be used to rule out lyme. Many people with lyme have only had negative tests.

Here are reasons why a a person might have a seronegative lyme test:
  9. klarry

klarry New Member

Once I thought I was having a heart attack, but was told that it was just costochondritis. I have since learned the way to tell the difference (press on achy area - if the pain increases it is not coming from your heart). Flares are awful. I am having one now, and every time I have one I start to believe it will be permanent. So depressing.... I hope you feel better soon. Take care.
  10. goneee

goneee New Member

Sounds like my fibro flares, one time it is one place and then moves around all over. I also have had problems with costochondrits and was told by my son who is a doctor that he sees alot of fibro patients with this also.

To be truthful, I don't think there is much that isn't connected with these flares. I have been in one for the past 10 days due to the weather changing from hot to cool, plus the rain. Makes it hard for a doctor to determine if it is a fibro flare or something more serious.

Take care of yourself.