Is this Fibro related? Anyone else have this?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ilovepink4, Jun 15, 2009.

1. ilovepink4

ilovepink4 Member

This summer I got a goose bump type rash across both of my knuckles...the bumps were rough and hard....they didn't was after I finally got outside and into the sunshine...i live in a northern climate with very short summers....

that rash has faded now but for the second summer in a row, I am getting red spots in random places on my body that look just like mosquito bites....they are smaller than a typical bite on me....but they itch, just not as bad as a mosquito.....i know they aren't mosquitoes since I haven't seen anything biting me and one is on my stomach and one is right under where my bra elastic would be....

these "bites" hang around for a long a month or more....and they get like a chicken pox mark where they get water under the top layer of skin...that happens within a couple days of them appearing....

could this be a reaction to the sun? this has only happened in the last 2 summers and the rash on my hands appeared for the first time this summer...

anyone else have these issues? the knuckle rash kind of startled me when i read about Lupus and rashes...i had forgotten lupus causes some type of rash....and the bite like things are new.....maybe minnesota has become home to some type of invisible biting bug....or, ?

one thing i noticed is that the bites seem to come out with two of them about an inch apart ...some are singles but the two near each other seems to be a pattern...

i don't like the fact that they leave a faint scar....i have scars on my arms from the "bites" last year....

anyone have this, too? do you know what the heck it is and how to stop it?
  2. Janalynn

Janalynn New Member

I was going to say that it sounds like shingles - especially with the blistering.
    I've never heard of that in particular being a Fibro thing.
    You might want to see a dermatologist or even just your Dr. to determine what's going on.
    You could have some sort of dermititis. Have you been working in your yard at all?
    do you feel sick with it or is it just the bumps and itching?

google it and see what you come up with. I'd love to know!
  3. kat0465

kat0465 New Member

i've had before, first the rash then they turned into blisters. but that the only place i've had that kinda rash, just chalked it up to fibro. it was early on when i would catch every darn thing that came around. eventually they finally stopped.

i kinda thought it was a shingle type thing, sorry i cant help you with the other.usually the lupus rash is the butterfly shaped rash, but its across your cheeks & nose. if your immune system is screwy( like it is with fibro) the shingles tend to pop up, like the ebv & cmv & all those other lovley viruses our bodies can't quite keep at bay.

[This Message was Edited on 06/15/2009]
  4. ilovepink4

ilovepink4 Member

I hadn't even considered shingles because the 'bite looking " things are not in a cluster ....that is how i pictured shingles...but it could pain is worse and my back pain is getting out of it felt so bad that my insides hurt....where i have my hysterectomy scar and the inside junk there was painful.....i will google the shingles

and the knuckle rash....yes, i was digging in my garden around the time it appeared...why? i had gloves on for all of it, though....

thanks very much for your ideas....i have a dr appointment in a week....maybe he can tell me something....i like calling "dr message board" for a consult to determine wheather on not I should make the journey to the is close by, i am being kinda sarcastic there

keep the info coming if you have any more ideas why i am turning into a lizard...
    [This Message was Edited on 06/16/2009]
  5. hdparadis

hdparadis New Member

I think I have the same rash (from your description)and have no idea what it is. I never seem to have the new "bites" when I go to the doctor. Starts out like a tiny bump, then blisters, once the blister shows up the skin almost seems to rub off. Then I get the scaly round patches that take forever to heal and they always leave scars. Does that fit what you get? Keep us posted on what the doc says, I'm curious to hear what he thinks it is.
  6. ilovepink4

ilovepink4 Member

Jamin, I bet you are right. I have not spent much time in the sun every nsince I got sick. Then, last summer, I was taking vitamin D supplements and started serious sunbathing! bikini, floatie, coconut scented tanning oil.....mmmm, just like the old days! and I had the best summer since i got sick.....BUT! I also was taking phentermine most days which really takes away my pain and fires me up energy, i wasn't sure if it was the VIT D, and sunshine.....

that is when the itchy bite things began to far this summer, I soaked up some rays, next to the pool once....but i have been outside a, it might be the sun...I just have to figure out what med it could be? or see if sunscreen helps...i don't get them on my face and I wear sunscreen on my face all the time...

except for last summer, I haven't been a tanning goddess for years...I have pretty fair skin with an olive tint but I tan pretty easy....the italian, burning hasn't been a big problem and living in the tundra makes the sun so much weaker than further, putting sunscreen on my arms isn't a habit i have gotten into...i think i will get some regular body lotion that includes the suncreen of 15...can't remember which brand it was...

okay, sorrry about the babbling...jamin, what doesn your friend do to deal with this sun sensativity? does sunscreen do it for her? or does she have to avoid the sun altogether?

thanks for the help...sorry for the verbal diarrhea.....i know i talk too much...
  7. ilovepink4

ilovepink4 Member

it sounds like we are having the same "bites" are not in a cluster just random but often have a "partner" about an inch away....or less....they itch but they don't burn and spread out like mosquito me, I am an expert on the stages the mosquito bite goes through.....

I get about 2 new ones per day but now that I think about it, today has been completely overcast and I have been inside in far, i haven't had any new "bites" appear yet...i have just spent the day scratching the ones I have!!

it makes me feel betterjust knowing i am not alone in this. Thanks for responding! :O)