Is this Fibromyalgia??

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by marcus1243, Oct 22, 2002.

1. marcus1243

marcus1243 New Member

Hi to everybody -- this board is amazing. Unlike some of you here, I haven't been officially dx'ed with Fibro, but my rheumy reckons it could be (he isn't familiar with all the symptoms). I wonder if any of you think this sounds familiar:

THINGS THAT HURT
    Migratory Pain everywhere -- muscles, joints (knees, wrists, shoulders, neck). Some points REALLY painful on pressure -- insides of knees, top of forearms just below elbows etc
    Muscle cramp and fatigue with minimal exertion -- hurts to walk any distance -- knees can buckle day or 2 after exercise
    Muscle twitches
    Headaches & dizziness
    Intermittent tingling in feet (esp. after walking)
    Overactive/irritable bladder & IBS
    Sore dry/scratchy eyes
    Tinnitus
    Sore throat/feeling of lump in throat
    Intolerance to bright lights/intermittent blurry vision

THINGS THAT HELP
    Rest, rest & more rest!!
    Long hot baths/hot soaks
    Keeping warm
    Potassium/Magnesium supplements

Somebody suggested the other day that it might be MS, but I've had a clear brain MRI and normal neuro exams, and I think I'm a little too comfortable with heat for that. What do you think -- sound familiar? All replies gratefully received!
  2. marcus1243

marcus1243 New Member

Hi to everybody -- this board is amazing. Unlike some of you here, I haven't been officially dx'ed with Fibro, but my rheumy reckons it could be (he isn't familiar with all the symptoms). I wonder if any of you think this sounds familiar:

THINGS THAT HURT
    Migratory Pain everywhere -- muscles, joints (knees, wrists, shoulders, neck). Some points REALLY painful on pressure -- insides of knees, top of forearms just below elbows etc
    Muscle cramp and fatigue with minimal exertion -- hurts to walk any distance -- knees can buckle day or 2 after exercise
    Muscle twitches
    Headaches & dizziness
    Intermittent tingling in feet (esp. after walking)
    Overactive/irritable bladder & IBS
    Sore dry/scratchy eyes
    Tinnitus
    Sore throat/feeling of lump in throat
    Intolerance to bright lights/intermittent blurry vision

THINGS THAT HELP
    Rest, rest & more rest!!
    Long hot baths/hot soaks
    Keeping warm
    Potassium/Magnesium supplements

Somebody suggested the other day that it might be MS, but I've had a clear brain MRI and normal neuro exams, and I think I'm a little too comfortable with heat for that. What do you think -- sound familiar? All replies gratefully received!
  3. MsJoey

MsJoey New Member

Yes, tons of those symptoms can/could be part of these conditions. I think you will find many of us identifying with a lot of those! There are tons of good articles on this site and great library info. You have a good start by going to a rheumatologist. Hope they can help you a lot. Good luck, and welcome to a little corner of our worlds.
  4. Imnoangle

Imnoangle New Member

I have not been Dxed either bit ny guess is the same as yours. you have fornd a place where no matter how stupid our questions are there are people around to help. Hope you are well today.
    Dawn
  5. pam_d

pam_d New Member

...I can especially relate to the muscle twitches, tingling feet. I've started trying to ride my bike short distances for exercise rather than walk because the tingling's worse after walking. I have the sore dry eyes (and especially mouth). I think you'll find a lot of others with similar stories here. This board is a great resource. Hope you find some relief from your symptoms, sounds like you do some of the things I do that help (hot baths, etc.). Best of luck with feeling better!

Pam

[ advertisement ]