Is this flare sound familiar to anyone?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by spmom, Jan 12, 2009.

1. spmom

spmom New Member

I have had a headache for two weeks, back to front all the way down my face. My teeth and ears ache. My jaw is very tight, as well as every muscle in my cheeks. I also started getting the soar throat that feels like I'm coming down with tonsilitis (but I never actually become sick). Oh, and the dizzyness! I am just miserable right now. I've had this before and I just want it to go away. Does anyone else have this happen? I know that it is fibro/CFS related.

2. greatgran

greatgran Member

When I have this it is always sinus related. Sometimes with rest and some home remedies it will leave on its own but most of the time I have to go on an antibiotic.

I do feel CFS weakness my immune system is why I have this.

In fact I am dealing with this right now, mine is always worse in the morning.

How I hate the dizziness and off balance feeling and too if I let it go I usually end up with vertigo then I know I have to have an antibiotic.

Have you mentioned this to your doc? Sorry, I am of no help but can relate.

God Bless,
  3. Brownie08

Brownie08 New Member

SPmom - I know this well - I have had it every day for 6 months - some days worse than others. I have the headache and facial tightness daily - my dizziness has gone away...but I have a fever of 99.4 in place of it. I am about to go on the Hallelujah Diet - I am hoping that will help in some way....Drs wont give me meds.

Good Luck!

4. tandy

tandy New Member

it sounds like as bad sinus infection to me.
    I'd see if you can be seen by your dr. to get an antibiotic.
    Sinus infections can be stubborn. When I get all your symptoms,...I head to the drs!!
    (and I get them often)
    feel better soon :)
  5. satchya

satchya New Member

Have you been into the dentist lately? I had the worst headache/jaw ache of my life last year and let it go on and on and on. Turns out I had a severe sinus infection but also had a top tooth that had been infected (from the sinus infection) all the way to the root and had to have a root canal. After the root canal and several rounds of strong antibiotics I felt much much better. I wish I had realized that's what was going on right away instead of thinking that it was just part of my fibro and trying to "deal".

Good luck!
  6. juliejo

juliejo New Member

I have had these symptons for years exactly how you describe them above.
    When i get up each morning it feels like a bad cold coming, i cough for ages and my head is dizzy too. After about an hour it eases off a bit but if i don't pace myself, like today for instance the symptons all come back. From the neck up to the tip of face is painful today.

I have had many tests etc and know mine is FM. CFS/ME related.

Havent been on here for a while so hi to you all.

Julie jo.x

7. Bxteacher

Bxteacher Member

I had similar symptoms, went to ENT & was TMJ, which my rhemy told me is fibro related. The dentist gave me Dolobid(sp?) and the ENT suggested Bonine for the helped, took some time, but relief came.

Hope you feel better. I remember feeling awful when I went thru that.