Is this Fm? no pain now. Numbess mostly.

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by moaningmum, May 6, 2006.

1. moaningmum

moaningmum New Member

Over the last 3 years Ive had episodes of pain and numbness, lasting a few months at a time. My symptoms arnt constant but will be present for some part of every day during a flare up.

Ive been diagnosed with FM by a rheumatologist, but am beginning to question my diagnosis again, as this flare has been pure numbness, without pain.

IM wondering if this lack of pain sounds like FM to you.

I havent posted in ages as Ive had 6 months completely symtom free, which again makes me question my diagnosis.

I really dont know what to believe. Maybe I just havent accepted my diagnosis, which is a bit sad after 3 years!

Dee
    [This Message was Edited on 05/06/2006]
  2. mollystwin

mollystwin New Member

I didn't accept my diagnosis for 14 years as my pain and numbness would come and go as well. I would be symptom free for months or years and then it would come back. Now it's back big time for almost a year. I think it was due to some major stress in my life. It has impacted every aspect of my life, my work, family and social life. My activities have been severly restricted and I am working diligently to get better.
    One thing I did find out about 4 years ago, was that 95% of my numbness was from Aspartame and other artificial sweetners. When I gave them up my numbness almost disappered. If I accidently ingest, I get my numbness back immediatly. If you are using that, I would give it up.
    Try to eat well and avoid stress (ha! as if that is possible!) and maybe you will stay healthy!
    Good Luck :)