Is this just me or does sound from the movies hurts you

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by rosemarie, Oct 23, 2006.

1. rosemarie

rosemarie Member

MY hubby and I went to the movies and I could not sit in there for very long as the sound was so loud that it made me hurt. It hurt my head, and eye's and my ears so much that I could feel in through out my body.

I go out of the theater and I still can hear every word that is said and still it is TOO LOUD. I used to enjoy the movies and liked seeing them but not it is so painfull to sit there and not move and then to have the sound so LOUD that it is PAINFULL For me.

I can't deal with it. And it ruins the movie that I just have spent $7.00 on and I now am in pain and sick to my stomach from the pain and dizzy and have a head ache that it so bad that I want to cry.
    Has this happened to any one else?

I know that the bright lights on cars at night feel like someone is stabbing me in the eye's and it is so pain full for me that I don't like driving at night.

I thought i was getting old but then I thought that I had read here that some one said that sounds and lights bothered them as well. But I didn't rmember how bad it was for them.

So I don't think we will be going to the movies any more and I was up all night from the added pain in my body.

I had a unusal talk with my SIL this afternoon. He ased me if I knew that fibro could be caused by a non functioning thryroid gland. Then went on to tell me the tests that I needed to have to find out if that was the cause of my joint pain and muscle pain as well.

I need a T3,T4, and two other ones that have the 3 and 4 in them but I can't remmber the exact tests I need. But as I told him every time I have had my throyid tested it always comes out normal.

And I am any thing but NORMAL.
    HE was very serious aobut this and he knows from watching me that i do have alot of joint and muscle pain and he wanted to help me if he could. I was really surpirsed by this talk but it was so kind of him to want to kep me and believe in me that I do have fibro and CMP.

Have you heard of these tests and do they tell you that you have fibro or is it that your pain is caused by a low throyid gland that is not functioning well or too high.
    I as very touched that he cared about me that much to tell me that he thought that he could help me and wanted to help me as he does nknow that i don't like to take the pain meds that I am on and I hate taking them but if I want to be able to play with my grandson I have to take them.

But I have been hurting alot theses days as it has been wet and cold and ranining and i and my body don't like weather changes at all. So I am hurting more and I was the one who aksed my pain doctor to ower my precipts in the amount that I take of MSContin. So now i hurt owrse and I have less pain pillls to ease my pain at night an dduring the day.
    I still wonder why my pain is getting worse and now that I am on less medicaion I feel i more. and I am trying to adjust and lower my pain meds. i hate this, never ending pain that comes from teh wet and cold winters,.

I can't stand this never ending pain I have to night. SO I am going to go to bed now and try to sleep and at least rest so that when my grandson leaves to go with his mommy to work I can'get up and see him for a few minutes before she has to leave.

Thanks for letting me ramble on .
    HUGS,
    Rosemarie
  2. gidgetsmom

gidgetsmom New Member

I'm sorry that loud sounds like the movie theater bother you, but you're not alone!!! I can't go anymore either.

Bright lights also bother me. I'm always going around our house turning off lights and turning the volume down on the tv. Family tells me I need to live in a cave!! LOL

Don't know anything about the thyroid stuff, just wanted to let you know you're not alone with the sounds and lights!!!

Shelley
  3. maedaze

maedaze New Member

I havn't been able to go to the movies for over 10 years now for that very reason. It's such an assalt on my ears/brain, that it is not worth the pain and after affects.

Not fair aye?

ps how is your daughters cough? Did she go to the doctor?
  4. 143alan

143alan New Member

Hi Rosemarie.
    It first affected my son years ago and in the past year has really affected me also. Even how the TV blares out during commercials is painful for me. I know commercials are designed to get your attention but I personally think they have crossed the line when they affect our physical
    well-being when they blow your head off with the incredible volumn increase during commercials.

We can't go to the movie theater either. The last time we went was to see Star Wars Episode III the first day it was released. As much as we loved the movie, we sure suffered for days for going. Now we just wait until a movie we like comes out on video and then we watch it at home where we of course can control the volumn. Of course not the same affect as that big cool theater screen but we still get to see the movie.

Take care
    Big Hugs
    Nancy
  5. MamaDove

MamaDove New Member

I no longer go to the movies mainly due to the sitting but the last time I went I noticed that announcer that does the preview's, his voice went thru me and I felt like I was run over by a bus...

If you have seen the new Geico commercials, he does a bit on there and most times that same feeling comes over me, I freeze or panic and my husband knows to lower it quickly...

Something else new with these dd's, never bothered me before. Oh well...
  6. libra55

libra55 New Member

Movies these days are an assault on the senses. I still love to go and take my kids but I make sure I get a nap first. The volume is unbelievabley loud. i have heard people without FM or CFS say it's loud. They don't need to play it that loud. Also I bring a sweater or blanket as I get cold. and I don't eat anything there.

Michelle
  7. charlenef

charlenef New Member

i messed up my ears long ago now i hear too loud all the time. it is called hyperacusis google it if you want. i wear ear plugs in the shower or if i leave my house even to go get the mail. sorry the movie bothered you i deal with this everyday. charlene
  8. homesheba

homesheba New Member

me to!! and my dh is deaf and wont go get a hearing aid and i have to leave room or house- he has tv on so loud!!!
    i cannot stand loud talking wither or even some peoples voices!:) now thats one to try and explain ...tee hee..
  9. libra55

libra55 New Member

try talking on the phone after he been on it and turned up the volume....OMG.

And the TV - don't even go there.

Michelle
  10. nerdieduckie

nerdieduckie New Member

Well, I can't speak for me because I LOVE the movies, especially when they're loud, but my mum can no longer go to the movies with me.

The stadium seating makes her feel off-balance and the noises and sounds are too much for her. She usually ends up leaving the theatre if she does go, and even in the last theatre we have that doesn't have stadium seating, she can't always sit through an entire movie there either.
  11. Slayadragon

Slayadragon New Member

Sensitivity to noise is a CFS symptom (I don't know about fibro). It bothers me less if I'm feeling better.