Is this normal tight band around chest

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by jofla, Aug 24, 2003.

1. jofla

jofla New Member

shortness of breath, like I really cant get a full breath, sob upon rising, lifting my arms above head, lightheadedness
    NMH?POTS? I've been having this for about 5 days now, went to doc the other nite did ekg and everything checked out ok the doc I saw that nite said slight bundle branch but he told me to call my reg doc who works in the same office in the morning. I did and he was PO"d at the other doc, said the only thing that he saw on my ekg was slight conduction but it is not a concern. My heart is fine. The muscles along my spine are very sore. I suppose just another one of those sx of this disease. But will have to ask my doc about NMH/POTS. I even asked the doc if he could hear the click of MVP but said i am just family doctor here, I took as sarcasm. Thanks for all of your help.

Jo
  2. Shirl

Shirl New Member

It sounds like Costrochondritis, which is inflammation where the muscles join to the bones of the ribs. It will cause that feeling of a band around the chest. Most of us with FM seem to get this often.

I seem to hyperventilate when this happens, and will take an Advil gel capsule for the pain and inflamation and put a heating pad around my ribs. I will also take a low dose of Xanax for the shortness of breathe as it is caused (for me) by anxiety.

HOpe you are feeling better soon.

Shalom, Shirl
  3. vnr27

vnr27 New Member

and did just what shril does it does go away but made me very nervous its a scary feeling tight around the chest and no one understands about the deep breath thing my doc is a jerk, i had xrays ekg my spine hurt its costo and its one of the worst things i had i rather go give birth sgsin at least u get something in return for the pain you will feel betterni did take care val
  4. garyandkim

garyandkim New Member

t lvatethanand spasuming can't wait. I also find a chrio can help some to.

Good luck, Kim