Is this normal with fibro???

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by moaningmum, Sep 12, 2005.

1. moaningmum

moaningmum New Member

having had symptoms now for 3 years, I have gradually realised that I have months of symptoms followed by months of hardly any symptoms.

I used to think that Id been cured, or got better when my symptoms went away, but now I realise its that my fibro runs in cycles.

Ive get really angry each time it comes back, as its hard to accept a return of the pain when you think you are better.

It makes it really hard to work out what changes I make to my diet and lifestyle are effective

Im really greatful that my symptoms go away for months at a time, but it makes me wonder if other fibro sufferers have such clear episodes of being well?

Is this really fibro Im dealing with or something else???

I really need some feedback as Im beginning to doubt my diagnosis, as no one else seems to be following this pattern.

Thanks for listening.
    [This Message was Edited on 09/12/2005]
  2. moaningmum

moaningmum New Member

I guess I wanted to hear that some of you have had pain free episodes and carried on for years and years. But life isnt that easy. Im really sorry you are suffering.

My fibro was diagnosed by ruling out all other possibilities. Although my symptoms are mild compared to others, I seem to tick all the boxes.

Painful numbness hits me more than straightforward pain, at the moment, but Ive had episodes of severe pain in hands and feet that have made work really hard.

Everytime I start believing that the fibro has gone away, you can bet it rears its ugly head again. It gets me really angry, and noone seems to understand why Im so upset . i know all of you understand, and that helps.

Was there a clear time that your symptoms went from cyclical to continuous?and was there anything that you feel made it change?
  3. georgie0826

georgie0826 New Member

I've had fibro for 4 years and cycle on and off. I also get mad, as soon as I think I have it under control-it kicks me. I get very frustrated that I can't do things I could do a week ago without pain. It has taught me not to plan too for ahead, and not to ever think it's gone.