Is this part of Cfs/Fibro?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Adl123, Nov 30, 2010.

1. Adl123

Adl123 New Member

Yesterday, after my acupuncture treatment, I took bad fall. I had reached the sidewalk, when I caught my toes in a little plant. I almost fell, then, but I thought nothing of it and continued walking around my car to the driver's seat. Then, all of a sudden, I lost my balance, weaved, and then fell, hitting the car and landing in the mud. I wasn't dizzy. I just got a little spacey and sort of watched the whole thing happen. Apart from some serious bruising and what seems like a torn ligament, i'm O.K.. I hesitate to go to the doctor, because there is no way I could get on the X-ray table, and it hurts too much to move.

Does anyone know what might have happened to me? It happened before, 17 years ago,(and that time I fell down a flight of stairs and broke my leg), and I was diagnosed as severe situational stress. I had to totally change my lifestyle.

I was peaceful, calm and not at all aware of any stress, yesterday. Could it be that I moved too quickly after my treatment?

Does anyone have any idea what could have happened ? As far as it being a mini stroke, I just had extensive blood work and an artery scan and I am in the low risk category. I also drink 80 oz. of water a day, to keep my blood 'loose '
    Thank you, in advance.

[This Message was Edited on 12/01/2010]

PITATOO Member

My balance has been off for years. I run into everything, fall, knock things over a lot(I mean a lot). If you did not feel dizzy I would not be too worried. I get extremely weak after a massage therpay session. Have you had a bone density test? Sometimes a minor fracture can cause a fall and most people think it is the other way around with Osteoporosis; in that you fall and then fracture/break something but it is normally the other way around. You say you drink a lot of water which is great, but make sure you are replenishing your eletrolytes. They could be out of balance. But yes I think it is part of FMS/CFIDS.
  3. Adl123

Adl123 New Member

Thank you.

I'm sorry this happens to you, too, but, by the same token, it gives me comfort.