Is This Part of CFS/FM ?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by greatgran, Dec 15, 2009.

1. greatgran

greatgran Member

I am wondering if you one can relate and if my symptoms are part of the misery of CFS/FM.

Awake with morning headaches, but most of the time the headache goes away once I am up.
    But I have head congestions, ear fullness, my ears ring 24/7 , body aches to the bone, especially the legs and a flu like feeling. This usually happens after I have over done , sometimes not. My ear ringing is much worse with these "spells'.

Have been to the doctor, then to an ENT and they can't seem to find anything or have a clue what is wrong but just in case its a sinus infection write me an Rx for an antibiotic. I can no longer take antibiotics because of the reactions I have had. My sinus x-ray is ok, allergy testing negative (not had the food testing). Oh, the antibiotics did seem to help for awhile then the whole thing would start again.

After about 3 days or longer in bed I somewhat improve don't think it has ever gone away in 8 years there are just days better than others. I do know that if I am around any cig. smoke, or prefume , certain smells I will have these symptoms but there are times I am not aware of being exposed to smells and have what seems like sinus infection symptoms.

No colored mucus, no pain in the sinus area except for the early morning headaches. Have tried the netti-pot, you name it and I think I have tried it.

Could all these symptoms be related to a CFS/FM crash ? Or should I try to find another doctor? Have been to so many doctors and no answers.

Thanks and God Bless,

2. richvank

richvank New Member

Hi, greatgran.

You might consider sleep apnea as a possibility. I have that, and before I was given a CPAP machine, I had morning headaches and ringing ears in the morning. When I became congested as a result of allergies, it blocked my airway more, and my apnea-related symptoms became worse.

I hope this is helpful.

3. greatgran

greatgran Member

Thank you so much for your reply. I have had the sleep study which was ok, no sleep apnea.

I think if was a sinus infection it wouldn't come and go, not sure as the doc didn't have an answer for me. So now I am thinking could it be food allergies, Rhinits or MCS.

I would like to know if its CFS/FM or something else going on. I have heard that those of us with CFS sometimes even our allergy test are negative.

Usually in the afternoon I get to feeling better, that is why I doubt a sinus bacterial infection or just wishful thinking as I am so scared to try another antibiotic as I have exhausted most of them.

4. greatgran

greatgran Member

Thank you, I have been tested for lyme which was negative as most are. I do wish I could take antibiotics as when I do I feel better for awhile that is why I suspect some type of infection. What lab did your lyme testing?

5. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

Since you do feel better for awhile on antibiotics, it very well could be an infection of some kind. And I agree, you can't take antibiotics all the time, it's very rough on your body. Plus, it doesn't solve the underlying problem.

You might try kefir. I have another post on this going right now. I started making my own kefir about 2-1/2 months ago, in large part because I've read several places that the majority of our immune system is in the gut. Kefir is about the best thing you can do for gut health.

Since I've been drinking it (a cup a day), I get sick less and get over being sick quicker than I used to. It sure seems like your immune system is compromised, as mine most definitely is.

If you look for my other post which is on the front page of posts right now, it gives all the info. It is very easy to make. Otherwise I wouldn't do it. And if you're allergic to dairy, you can use goat milk, which I'm using (powdered goat milk from Vitacost)

I really think it's helping me quite a bit, so you might want to give it a try.

Take care -

6. greatgran

greatgran Member

Thanks I will reread your post. I think it said something about Goat's milk and I am trying to avoid dairy, does Kefir contain dairy? I will reread so I will know what I am talking about. I am so glad you have found something helpful.

Another thing I am going to have done is tested for food allergies. I am wondering if some of my symptoms could be related to food.

Thanks and God Bless,