Is this part of FM?

Discussion in 'General Health & Wellness' started by reeder722, Sep 12, 2004.

1. reeder722

reeder722 New Member

Does anyone experience a burning tongue with metallic taste in mouth?? Thanks
  2. Milo83

Milo83 New Member

but have never experienced that.......
    I have heard of that before, but mostly in people taking certain meds - DID YOU START ANY NEW MEDS LATELY......

Sorry, I wasn't of more help.......
    Take Care.....Love, Donna
  3. loghouse

loghouse New Member

this sounds more like a diabetic symptom. Hope this helps!

Jan
  4. MCD56

MCD56 New Member

Hi Reeder -

"Burning -like" sensations in the muscles or tissues areexperienced by many FMS sufferers ( myself included). But tounge sensations, especially the 'metallic taste' is most often associated with a chemical response or change in the body. As someone else posted to you, it is most often associated with medications etc. However, this can also be due to infections,or excess ketone production due to dieting or stress, etc. Most often the metallic taste is due to by-product waste breakdown of some sort.

Hope this helps -
    Mary D
  5. WakeMeUp

WakeMeUp New Member

It is a real medical syndrome. I've had it since 1992. Also do a search on the world wide web on metallic taste in mouth and there are a lot of sites that tell why you have that taste in your mouth.

WakeMeUp
  6. DEANNA29

DEANNA29 New Member

I have FM and RA and YES!!! I have a burning tongue....so bad that I can't eat alot of the foods that I love. I didnt know if it was from one of my diseases or low iron...i have always read that low iron will cause your tongue and mouth to get real sore. Deanna