Is Virginia Beach area a nice place to visit??

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by tandy, Apr 9, 2008.

1. tandy

tandy New Member

Hi guys~
    We're thinking of a small vacation (just 5-6 days)
    for this summer,,maybe next.
    Is anyone familiar with Virginia Beach/Busch gardens?

Is it nice/pretty?? are there Outlet shops? what about good food/resterants?
    (I'm relooking at my spelling of resterant and it does'nt look right??) but I can't think of it being any other way at the moment. :)

[This Message was Edited on 04/09/2008]
  2. spacee

spacee Member

But I think the outlet shoppes and Busch Gardens are closer to Williamsburg. My sis was just at Williamsburg this Sat and said that "it had come a lot way in things to do".

I have been to Virginia Beach just to see a friend for a day and there are restaurants but I can't think of much to do.

Norfolk is slight in from VA Beach and they have an big shipyard that is pretty interesting to see from the road and some kind of aquarium that is nice.

There is also a three story mall in Norfolk with nice restaurants, if fact, one of my favorites on the bottom floor (can't think of the name but it is seafood) and on the top floor there are a movie theater with 12-18 movies.

I will check with my sis and edit this if it is wrong or something to add to it!

3. tandy

tandy New Member

I googled the area and of course it all looks/sounds great. but don't they all when they're trying to get tourists to come.
    I looked into Hershey Park PA. too.
    Its gotta be kinda not to far from NY.

then again,... any car ride more than say 2 hrs is gonna wreck me! I'll need a vacation after our vacation.
    thanks again
  4. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

my exhb was in the u.s.c.g so we were stationed in alexandria va.

the thing about the beach is they way the built up hotels it would block the sun on the beach after a certain was early in the day...the sand to me is like dirt. we had this dispute with another coastie from there...then he had the chance to go to grand haven michigan and got to feel some real sand.

busch gardens was i couldn't handle it if i wanted to.

i see that your from n.y.? how about washington d.c. go check out the smithsonians so much to do there...and there is potomac mills mall woodbrige.

5. tandy

tandy New Member

will look into that to.
    We're searching ideas & new places to go to that are'nt too to far away.
    The kids are 15 and 11,... so a day for them would be nice,..and than something more laid back.
    Take care :0