Is Whey Protein the same as Undenatured Whey?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by TwinMa, Nov 19, 2005.

1. TwinMa

TwinMa New Member

I've been looking for undenatured whey, according to Stormyskye's shake recipe, and can only find whey protein.

The whey protein I am currently using in The Shake is made by Jarrow. I can't find the word "undenatured" anywhere on the label.

It seems like whey protein is whey more expensive, but I can't find plain old undenatured whey.

Are they the same thing?

Katy
  2. Dee50

Dee50 New Member

I buy this here for $34.95. PH183 ImmunPlex Chocolate 411 grams. ProHealth, Inc. 800 366-6056

If you call them they can explain the differs to you. No they are not the same.

I will be on this for life because it is a proven helper.

Hope this helps you
    Dee50
  3. Sun_Rae

Sun_Rae New Member

Dee,

Let us know how it works for you. I'm going to try it myself, but have something from Wal-Mart for now until I can get my hands on the unadentured stuff. I'm up for anything if it works! Where do I sign! :)
  4. jfrustrated

jfrustrated New Member

Just a note to be careful when buying your protein mix. If you are getting a new one check that it is not a soy protein. And - some of the whey protein mixes, do have soy in them. It is indicated in SMALL print on the back - or should be. If your thyroid is weak, avoid soy. Good luck.
  5. TwinMa

TwinMa New Member

I bought a two pound container at Whole Foods for $20. Whole Foods is a pretty big store. There were lots of whey protein choices, but the one I bought was the cheapest.

The guy helping me said the cheap stuff was just as good as the expensive stuff. But $20 is still way more than you are paying, Stormy.

I'll have to keep searching for the really cheap whey.

Katy
  6. LdyM

LdyM New Member

I got mine from the Dr. Mercola website Katy. He calls it "nondenatured" whey. High quality, pure, organic, etc. Can tell no difference as yet, one month in.

**LdyM

7. TwinMa

TwinMa New Member

I think putting the info we talked about into a separate thread is a great idea! Give it a real catchy title, too, so lots of people read it!

Katy
  8. LdyM

LdyM New Member

Thank you for the compliment regarding my greatniece! Yes she is a beauty, looks like her great-grandmother, my mom.

No, I'm not drinking the shake. I need protien in the morning and all that sweetness.. I don't think it would work for me, although I do appreciate the suggestion.

Keeping an open mind and am working through the (((((Stormyskye)))) posts now.
  9. LdyM

LdyM New Member

Well, I guess it IS just a little bit of molassas and berries are not that sweet.. Keeping an open mind! Thank you Stormy.
  10. DixieDe

DixieDe Member

I've been reading about this. What kind of results should you see in a month? DeDe
  11. TwinMa

TwinMa New Member

I have been using The Shake for about a month. I have had very good results with my GI tract. Previously, I had lots of problems with constipation. Not any more! I think the improvement is from a combination of things: The Shake, probiotics, aloe vera juice and lemon.

There are several good things in the Shake besides whey, too. It's all good stuff. Whey, Flax, Apples, Molasses & Almonds are the 5 basic ingredients.

There is another thread started by Stormyskye 11/21/05 titled "The shake". Stormy is very familiar with all the benefits. You could ask her for more info.

Many others have had significant improvement in sleep problems as well as pain relief by using The Shake. It is supposed to help with energy levels, too.

It’s worth a try!

Katy
  12. TwinMa

TwinMa New Member

I think your last post to Dixiede would be a terrific addition to "The Shake" thread. You could just cut and paste with a title like "Benefits of the Shake" or "What does the Shake Do" or something like that.

I think that would answer a lot of people's questions about what it really does. And it would have it all in one thread. That is so useful when someone is doing a search.

Thanks!

Katy