IS XANAX SAFE FOR ME/CFS PATIENTS??

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia and ME & Chronic Fatigue Syndrome' started by Godismystrength, Nov 24, 2012.

1. ... thanks so much for your input... Jam, I used to take Inositol as part of my supps... don't remember why I stopped or if it helped or not... can't remember much these days... still struggling with getting the quantity and quality of sleep that I need, unfortunately. Turns out, my thyroid levels are off... I'm hypo right now :-( and along with my cortisol being all messed up, no wonder my sleep is messed up and making me feel awful :-( but thanks for the suggestion, Jam. I just may try the inositol again...

Greatgran2, thank you for sharing your experience with xanax... it does sound like a lifesaver for you and some others. I went to a diff doc yesterday (2 in less than a week) and neither of them would agree to prescribe the xanax :-( The one yesterday said that it would not help me get the quality and deep sleep that I need. He wants me to try another drug called Nuedexta... but I'm not sure about it. The possible side effects are pretty severe and scary... But I'm glad that you and others at least have found something that works for you and is reliable...

For me, the saga continues, unfortunately...

Blessings,
    Shel
  2. jaminhealth

jaminhealth Well-Known Member

MANY on these boards are not getting thyroid support, or the proper support. I've been saying this for years.

I went off 1/4mg Lorazepam a few months ago and thinking maybe I need to go back on this low dose...I have more pain than ever even with all the acupuncture, etc. I do....perhaps this low dose would relax my muscles more....ummmmm... Upping my Inositol for a while and see how that goes. [This Message was Edited on 12/04/2012]