Is your mouse hand cold?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by hunterwillow, Nov 10, 2005.

1. hunterwillow

hunterwillow New Member

When I'm at the computer, my mouse hand freeezes. I've tried a glove,(mitten, sock etc.). I cut a couple of finger holes so I can type. Anybody have any better ideas?
    I have to keep taking breaks to warm my hands.
  2. Theresa03

Theresa03 New Member

Yeah, this is so weird. I try to take lots of breaks when it does this and wrap it in the blanket I'm using or sweater....it helps sometimes. Funny though huh....
  3. SoxFan

SoxFan New Member

I tend to always have cold hands and feet (but a warm heart..). My "mouse hand" is especially cold, though!

A good remedy for overall warmth is ginger tea. It works best when you use real ginger root. Slice it thin, and simmer in water for 20 minutes. Then strain and drink. It warms you up, and is a good antiviral.

4. sami

sami New Member

yup...me too...i wear gloves all winter and live in phoenix...although since i started to eat better(hypogly) i notice my hands are warmer...but i sleep in warm socks 365 days a year!!!!!
  5. Juloo

Juloo Member

I notice it a lot at work. But the weirdest thing is when I play "Journey to Wild Divine" on the computer at home. You drive part of the game with biofeedback -- three of your fingers through loops which somehow translate skin temp, etc. into where you are in the continuum of relaxation.

For a long time I couldn't figure out why I couldn't get ANYTHING on the screen to work at all, then I realized my fingers were ice cold!
  6. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

It has a thumb ball and is much larger than regular ones. It is shaped more naturally to the hand. There are four buttons instead of two. The outer two, smaller buttons are for page back and page forward. There is no movement of the hand or mouse involved, just the thumb and two fingers. I absolutely love this mouse.

The best part is because it is from Microsoft, I didn't have to load, or even look for, any drivers. I just plugged it in and used it.

Love, Mikie