Is your pain worst in cold weather?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by debrastets, Oct 8, 2002.

1. debrastets

debrastets New Member

I am in soooo much pain tonigth! hands hurt from rsd; stomach is acting up bad from IBS. Body jumping and can hardly walk! I havent been able to sleep well at all ! I have been on same meds for over a year and seem like they dont work as good as before! i go back to dr. next week and i was wondering if you can tell me some of the meds that work well with you! Thanks for letting me vent ! i am just having a bad pain night! DEB!
  2. debrastets

debrastets New Member

I am in soooo much pain tonigth! hands hurt from rsd; stomach is acting up bad from IBS. Body jumping and can hardly walk! I havent been able to sleep well at all ! I have been on same meds for over a year and seem like they dont work as good as before! i go back to dr. next week and i was wondering if you can tell me some of the meds that work well with you! Thanks for letting me vent ! i am just having a bad pain night! DEB!
  3. Fairyeyes

Fairyeyes New Member

Sometimes I think it's the damn low grade feverish thing I get, but seems once I get cold, it is awfully hard for me to warm back up. Does indeed aggravate muscle soreness. I'm drawing a hot bath as I type this to try and warm up.
  4. pam_d

pam_d New Member

I myself seem better in colder weather, but everything seems much worse in heat & humidity. I don't take any regular meds except the old standby benedryl for sleep, but when I have a night like you're talking about, and I definitely do from time to time, I take one vicodin & while it doesn't make the pain or tingling/buzzing feeling I get go completely away or anything, it takes the edge off so I can sleep. I use vicodin for just my very worst nights & luckily that's not too often. I prefer that to the ultracet my doc wanted me to take ALL the time; for me it just didn't make sense when I have pretty good periods at times. But we are all very different. I know I'm not in as much constant pain in general as many here are, but I absolutely do have my very painful, twitching, spasm-y nights, where I get really anxious, too, so I sympathise a lot, Deb... I hope tomorrow's a better day, sometimes even if one little symptom or body part hurts or tingles less, it's a small victory...

Gentle hugs & hope you find some rest & relief,
    Pam