Is your Pet an Alarm Clock?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by sisland, Aug 9, 2007.

1. sisland

sisland New Member

I've finally Discovered that the Dog is an unwanted alarm clock!,,,,By shaking his collar (With Tags!) can wake me out of a sound sleep!,,,Duh! lololol!,,Anyone Eles??

So guess what! when he's in the house i remove his collar! Yes! And now if i have to have a nap,,,,,,,Well No collar shaking to wake me up!,,,,,,,,,,I must add that now he just licks my face to wake me up ,,,,,,or Whines,,,,aka,,,,dog talk!,,,,lolol!
    [This Message was Edited on 08/17/2007]
  2. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

I had a cat, Kitty Parker, many years ago, who would wake me up every morning 5 minutes before the alarm went off - she'd jump on the bed and kiss me and miaow -

3. Greenbean7

Greenbean7 New Member

Rey lays his head on the bed so he is pretty much nose-to-nose with me and then wags his tail so it bangs on the side of the bed.

When we are in the motorhome he sits beside the bed and looks at me and tries to get his head under my hand so I will pet him. Uses his head and his paw. Aster sits beside him and between the two of them I feel like I'm being stared at by hundreds of people!

In the motorhome I don't have a clock I can see in the dark and I keep telling them they have to let me sleep until it's light enough to see my watch!

Stop and smell the puppies!
  4. sisland

sisland New Member

Thank goodness I'm not the only one! lololol! I guess it's just another (Pro!) to having a furbaby,,,lolo

Rosie Kitty-Parker is a very Kool name for a Cat! How do they know when the alarm is going to go off?,,,,,strange!
    Love the photo of your cats in bio!

Bean~~~Rey is a smart one! lolol and Aster just lets him do all the work! lolol Thats cute how they try to wake us up so we can cater to all their needs! ,,,,,,,,,It's amazing how loud a thump their tails can make!

I truley Believe that they know exactly what we are saying and doing and can figure out our scheduels,,,,,,,Sis
  5. sisland

sisland New Member

Hey! you have a Great Routine! Sounds like it works for everyone! even the Dog! lolol,,,,,,This is when i lay down on the couch in the afternoon,,,,,My door is Shut at nite too with a fan on!

Thats funny about Dar's new pup! See i swear they know who does what!,,,,,,,S
  6. Greenbean7

Greenbean7 New Member

When Aster got sick in the night Rey came over to tell me Aster had a problem. He wouldn't leave me alone until I got up and took them out. She had the runs really bad so after the first episode where we barely made it to the door I put her in the kennel and counted on Rey to let me know when it was time to go again. He did. Aster won't tell me!

One night Rey insisted that my DH get up and DH assumed Rey had the problem. He headed out the front door (by the way, he sleeps in the buff and we have motion senser lights all around the house. He says standing outside in the nude at 2:00 a.m. makes one feel quite vernerable and I think he is rethinking all those lights!) He took Rey out and Rey just messed around.

When they came back in here stood poor Aster with her head down. She had messed on the floor! DH said "wouldn't you know I'd take the wrong dog!!"

If you're paying attention to their body language you can tell which one it is. Better yet TAKE THEM BOTH!!

Rey may not be the sharpest tack in the drawer but at least he knows when and how to wake us up!!

Choose joy!
  7. sisland

sisland New Member

Them thar dogs are so cunning and smart! lolol on the "Should have taken Both dogs out at once!" Naked in the sensor lights doesn't sound fun!,,,,,lolol,,,,,Sis
    [This Message was Edited on 08/10/2007]
  8. Goldyfm

Goldyfm New Member

My Yorkie wakes me every morning. She sleeps in a kennel, it is best for her and me. She liked to reposition several times in the night, so she sleeps in her kennel in her little bed. But she can tell time for sure. At 7:30 pm she asks for her treat. She is never off more than 5 minutes tops. Uncanny how she knows what time it is, but she does.
  9. kriket

kriket New Member

We have 4 doggies and they are more like a snooze button that keeps going off. They can really disrupt your sleep.

10. Greenbean7

Greenbean7 New Member

Saturday and Sunday Rey and Aster woke me up at 5:45 a.m.

That is what time their dad gets up on weekdays and they couldn't wake him because he sleeps on the bed up over the cab of the motorhome. I sleep on the pullout couch/bed so I was right at their level, well, Rey was actually on the bed with me so I was REALLY on his level!

I hope we didn't make so much noise going out and banging food bowls and having a wonderful romp in our "yard" that we woke the people who were, loudly, still putting up their tent at 11:30 p.m.!! I almost hollered out the window to ask if they needed any help!!

Stop and smell the puppies!
  11. sisland

sisland New Member

What would we do without our Babies? Lucky got a Bark collar last week,,,The kind that just sends out a whistle when he Barks to Much in this hear Apt complex!,,lolol ,,,,,It works!

Although when i took Him to the lake for a swim and he barked at all the other people who came to the lake,,,,I really Needed it then! but left it home because it's not water proof!,,,

I'm Glad that even though our Dogs are Alarm clocks we are not mad about it! They Can tell time,,,,,,,,,,and they always know when WE ARE HUNGRY!! lololol!,,,sis
  12. Ranigar

Ranigar Member

My Shi Tzu Lily wakes us up at 6am by jumping up and down next to the bed.The bed is to high for her so all you see is this this head bouncing up and down.DH takes her out since he has to get ready for work but after he leaves I sleep until 7am when the bouncing head is peering at me.As she grows we see more of her.Top of the head and then the eyes and now the whole head.She'll never get big enough to jump in with us,I have to many bed toppers lol.
  13. sisland

sisland New Member

LOlol! Funny how the bed is to high for pup to actualy junp up on! Great idea! Even though we have our schedules the fur babies always seem to make sure we pay attention to them!,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,They do all sorts of tricks to get our attention!,,,,,Love it! lololol
  14. sisland

sisland New Member

These Furbabies we all have seem to have different Athletic Abilities! lolol ,,,,it seems that they will do whatever it takes to be as close to us as possible!,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Lucky will sometimes try to sit on my lap (50) lbs of him ! too much! or he will climb up on the couch and sit and watch Tv with me and try to get as close to me as possible,,,,i hold him as he's my Baby!,,,,,,,,,,,,lolol! Lots of Vacuming!
  15. ckball

ckball New Member

HI everyone too, I am too rulled by my dogs clocks. They wake me up at 6 am to go out, because of where I live, I can leave the door cracked and they come and go as they please. They will come in the bedroom and check to see if I am awake and if I am but not ready to get up ,playing possum, they just quietly go out. If I am ready to get up, they jump up in bed for cuddles.

They also tell me if is walk time. I usually walk after dinner and the news, so every day here the come. They wait like good girls until I am ready. That was work to get them to wait but now they get it.

I want to ask about the bark collar. Where did you get it, how much was it? I have barking issues with both of mine, mostly with ATV's, tractors, ect. I have been tying them up in the evening's to keep them from chasing but the barking is hard to stop. Any suggestions- thanks Carla

16. sisland

sisland New Member

Thats cute how they wait to see if your awake or not!! and the waiting patiently at the door thing is Kool,,,,That is something we are still working on! lolo(lucky and i!)

I taught him how to swim (well me and some other dogs!) this past couple months and now he thinks we have to go to the lake everyday!

If i even mention the word Swim,,,or swimmin' he goes into a tail spin ,,,lolol He loves it! and He sits in the front passenger seat and i put the seatbelt on him ,,,,Ha Ha ,,,,,,I'm havin a really good time with this dog!

Oh Yes sorry got carried away! Bark collars can be found on e-bay! just type Bark Collars in the search box and it will take you there,,,,,I pd 15$ for it ,,,,,,They have all differnt ones ,,,,,,This one sends off a loud Beep when he barks,,,it works good! shuts him right up! ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

You have to make sure to adjust the collar tight enough at the base of their neck so when they bark theres a little black box that fits on the collar and it needs a battery (9 volt),,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,goodluck! sis
  17. victoria

victoria New Member

2 of mine sleep with me as they behave better with me. If they do stir, I tell them to go back to bed, and they do. Normally they're very quiet and can tell if I'm ready to get up or not.

If I'm sleeping later than usual and they get a bit restless, I have a soundmachine I slap on, and they know then I'm really ignoring them so they go back to sleep then too LOL.

... neither my DH or I sleep well, so sleep in different bedrooms (we started when his Mom was living with us so he could keep an eye on her as she had dementia, and kept it up since we find we both do better).

My DH gets taken in by the other 2 LOL who sleep in the great room but bother him regularly to go out... he always thinks, well, maybe they really have to... but it is a regular thing. He used to drive me crazy actually with it... so it is a better set-up now.

The funniest thing is when I stay up late... one of the 2 will often come out and look at me sometimes as if to tell me I should be going to bed by now... LOL, she's usually right!

18. therealmadscientist

therealmadscientist New Member

A co-worker would sometimes come to work fuming about his wife's cats. She would usually get up at 5 AM for work and feed the cats then. Her husband normally slept until 7 AM.

Which worked fine, except when she had to be out of town. Then the puzzeled and hungry cats would "trample" the husband until he got up shortly after 5 AM and fed them.
    [This Message was Edited on 08/16/2007]
  19. sisland

sisland New Member

V~~~Sounds like you Have the Best end of the Deal Here!lololol,,,,,,,Smart Women! So you have 4 furbabies? wow thats impressive! Thanks for your input!,,,,,sis,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Bill,,,,Isn't it funny when the other person has to realize the others routine,,,,,poor guy!