ISOPRINOSINE and Medicinal Mushrooms (Shitake, Reishi)

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Sceptical, Jun 27, 2010.

1. Sceptical

Sceptical New Member

Any experience?

Nancy Klimas promoted use of both (immpower and isopronosine).

2. heapsreal

heapsreal New Member

My understanding is those products will help improve natural killer cell function for which alot of cfs people have. A study currently going on in australia is finding natural killer cell dysfunction compared to a healthy control group.

Immpower i think is a medicinal mushroom supplement which is commonly used in japan for cancer patients to help improve their immune function.

Isoprinosine is an immune modulator also known as immunovir, it helps strengthen your immune function especially NK cell function. They say the supplement version inosine is basically the same but from others experience it doesnt seem to pan out that way.

I have used inosine and had a few weeks of feeling 100% with no insomnia, fatigue etc, i thought i was on a winner then it stopped working. I have used it a few times put have not been able to repeat this same effect. But it did help with joint pains though, it does have good antioxidant ability.

Isoprinosine apparently works by increasing interferon which has antiviral ability and improves NK cells. This is similar to ampligen, but i dont think to the same degree though. I have been looking into other interferon induces and have found a few, one of them is cycloferon which i have ordered but waiting for their arrival, it apparently works in a similar way to isoprinosine and is also used for herpes infections, influenza and other infections. And! one good point is its cheaper then immunovir/isoprinosine, just hhope it works as well or better.

Hers a few good links:

hopefully these are of interest.
    If anyone has had experience with cycloferon, i would be interested to know how it went.

3. Sceptical

Sceptical New Member

Many thanks. I am aware of the clinical researches and I am more interested into practical experiences. Medicinal mushrooms are widely used for viral infections in Japan and China. Isoprinosin also has a good track record but seems to be outdated (no current clinical researches). Did you develop gout?
  4. heapsreal

heapsreal New Member

No didnt develop gout. Prior to using inosine i use to have these joint pains, like sand in my joints is the only way to explain it, so not really pain. Every time i used inosine this went away. My dr said to me that this sandy grating feeling was oxidation and inosine increases uric acid levels and he said uric acid is used in the body like an antioxidant and is why it helps. This dr is an intergrative practioner who sees alot of cfs pts.
    Soul* likes this.
  5. Sceptical

Sceptical New Member

Isoprinosine and Inosine are not the same (not identical). Isoprinosine possesses various antiviral compounds in addition to inosine. Uric acid might in fact function as an antioxidant but it can easily exceed the upper tolerable limit. In addition, it must be taken over a long period of time, at least 12 months to be effective.

It is really cheap in Europe (20 dollars per 50 pieces), I might try it.
  6. heapsreal

heapsreal New Member

let everyone know your souce of isoprinosine, its hard to find it cheaply.

7. Sceptical

Sceptical New Member

I buy it in Hungary for cca 20 dollars (brand name drug). I suppose the price is similar in Europe everywhere. Prices are high in the USA only. You should try to find a Pharmacy that accepts international orders (with faxed or mailed presciption to the Pharmacy) with credit card payment.

If you need any help, I will try to watch around. This is how I order meds from Brussels as well.
  8. heapsreal

heapsreal New Member

Have u got a link to one of these pharmacies.

9. Sceptical

Sceptical New Member

I am on vacation now. Please give me a couple of days. Where are you from? Customs regulation might be an obstacle. The same applies to Xanax or Rivotril (brand name drugs, the latter is clonazempam). They cost cca 10,-dollars per box. However, when I studied in the USA and my mom tried to send me drugs, they had been discarded by customs and border protection agents. I suppose it at least because they had reached the border. You never get any notice. In addition, you are not eligible to social security financing, thus prices might be higher. What isopinosine is concerned it costs me cca 20 dollars and without social security reimbursement cca 30 dollars per box (50pcs, 500mg). This is not a big difference. Valdoxan is for example much more expensive without social security reimbursement. That costs me 10 dollars but without state subsidy, it is cca 60 dollars. True that it would cost in the USA at least 150 dollars if not more.
  10. heapsreal

heapsreal New Member

Customs shouldnt be a problem, im in australia and can get a script from my doc, apparently he has written scripts before for cfs pts.