Isotoner Therapeutic Gloves for Hand Wrist Pain

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by JLH, Apr 1, 2006.

1. JLH

JLH New Member

I have a lot of pain and swelling in my hands and wrists -- mainly from arthritis. At times, my hands are so painful that I cannot even stay on the board long, unless all I want to do is read--and not reply or post!

I was reading the Arthritis Today magazine and saw an advertisement for Isotoner Therapeutic Gloves. They look like they are a lightweight spandex -- and they have the fingertips cut off so that you could still type with them on. The ad states that they are supposed to ease pain and swelling.

They are supposed to provide even compression throughout the hand.

I think I am going to order me a pair. I checked out the website and they are $19.99/pair and they come in small, medium, and large.

You can find out more info on them at www.isotonertherapy.com

If you have ever tried a pair of these, please let me know!

Thanks,
    Janet
  2. Tigger57

Tigger57 New Member

Let us know how they work.

Do you find a lot of good info in Arthritis Today mag? I was wondering if I should order it or not.

Tigger
  3. JLH

JLH New Member

Yes, Arthritis Today magazine is wonderful. I find a lot of interesting info in it. They discuss all of the arthritis-related problems, including fibro, lupus, RA, back issues, and so much more.

I think it's well worth the money. You might be able to order it online through www.arthritis.org

They also discuss a lot of the new meds, new products, etc. available.

Sometimes they will have "trial" subscriptions available.

Regarding the theraputic gloves, a lady who I used to work with would wear a pair of these and said that they really helped her. I never knew where she got them.

The only problem that I could foresee with these gloves would be that if you wore a lot of rings, the prongs may tear a hole in the spandex. Since they are supposed to be compression gloves, I'm sure you would have to remove your rings first!

Hope you have a good week coming up, Tigger, and feel a little better. Also, good luck on the job hunt. My heart aches for the situation that you are in. I certainly wish there was something that I could do to help you, dear friend.

Much love,
    Janet
  4. bigmh

bigmh New Member

It's my favorite magazine! I learn so much from it, about both osteoarthritis and fibro/CFS. It is very well written, is realistic but optomoistic and worth a contribution to the Arthritis Foundation just for the magazine!

I'm interested, too, in the gloves, Janet, as I have hand/joint pain, too. Please keep us posted if you try them.

Thanks, Fibro Friends...Ann