It all came crashing down...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kat211, Jan 18, 2010.

1. kat211

kat211 New Member

For the first time in my life I was happy. Things weren't perfect, but I had a grasp on things and wasn't really dwelling on the bad stuff. I am having to sue the people I bought my home from b/c they covered up mold and other issues. $ is flying out of our account because of all of this faster than it is coming in. I had to spend the weekend at my mils b/c hubby sealed off the affected portion of the house. I have been fighting a severe cold and soar throat for 2 weeks. My fibro is flaring like I have never felt. We might have to put down one of our dogs. I am struggling to keep up in school and haven't finished my homework due tonight b/c I can't get any peace and quiet in order to study b/c we just lost the office to the mold. Then, tonight, as I thought I might be getting somewhere with my homework, even though it hurts to even sit up, a knock came at the door. I was served with lawsuit papers. It is a bank account that I closed over 3 years ago and they now say I owe almost $1000 in fees. I just want to quit. I feel like I can't win for losing. There is so much I have to take care of that no one else can do for me, that I am overwhelmed. I am done. I can't even cry because it upsets my son. I really just want to quit, but I don't know how. good grief I am tired.
  2. AuntTammie

AuntTammie New Member

{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}} It sure does all seem to hit at once sometimes, doesn't it? I'm so sorry that you are having to go thru all this. I wish I knew what to say to help, but I do want you to know that I'm thinking about you and will be praying for you.
  3. 3gs

3gs New Member

Kat211 as the saying goes-When it rains,it pours..

Iam so sorry for the downpour you are going through. Sometimes it just seems to happen one right after the other.

Are you sure some can't be delegated? Fees for what? maybe your current bank could answer questions and help.

take small steps-hug your son and I hope things get better

cyber hugs
  4. quanked

quanked Member

YOu sound overwhelmed, overloaded, done in and just bowled over. All of this is tough enough on its own but having the fibro pain would send me to the edge too. I can empathize with you.

If you can and if you want find a place to cry, scream and rail at the injusticie of it all. The release will help. Try the shower, drive your car away from your home--you do not have to hold it in.

Then try deep breathing exercises. Then prioritize. Ask your instructors for more time, incompletes--whatever you can get. Ask for help where you can. I am so sorry to hear about your dog.

"They" say that life is not fair but knowing this does not make it any easier when life slaps us around. I hope you find some relief soon.
  5. kat211

kat211 New Member

for your support and words of encouragement. I am hanging on by a string this morning. I feel worse today b/c the dogs decided they wanted to be on the bed with me and fought over who got to lay on me. Honestly, out of the two of them, I prefer when the St. Bernard gets the spot on me because she is softer than the Great Dane. Of course, my little mutt girl, 70 lbs, who is disabled is better to snuggle b/c she just snuggles, kisses, and growls at the big dogs if they try to get up on the bed. I'm going to make a list of things I need to do and try to get them done one by one today. I can't delegate most of it b/c the house is only in my name and the lawsuit is against me only. I also have to go to the courthouse and take care of a camera light ticket my husband got in my car. He has been a huge support over this past weekend. I just feel like I can't catch a break. The only support I have is my husband and his mom. I don't talk to my own parents or sister, which has relieved a great deal of stress in and of itself, but it still hurts knowing that I never had a loving family in them.

I am just worn out. I just keep telling myself that if I can just push through and get these legal matters taken care of today then I can crash and try and recover from the latest blow. I know it will rain again, if not today then another day, but if I can just get through this current storm........
  6. wendysj

wendysj New Member

Hi Kat211,

You made me smile by talking about your dogs! I love big dogs, always have. I have a 90 lb golden retriever who is my best friend. She knows I've had a tough couple of weeks and goes out of her way to love on me.

I know the world seems to be crashing down all around you. Take a deep breath, enjoy your dogs for a while and try to remember all the GOOD things in your life. It will only take a few minutes but it might keep the bad thoughts at bay for at least those few minutes.

My mom always says, "Buck-up Buckaroo!". We are not "those people" that says cutsie things so the ridiculousness always makes me laugh. I hope you find a smile today, thank you for giving me mine.

7. 3gs

3gs New Member

Had to lol about dogs. My bed buddies are cats.

So glad to hear you do have some support. If you are paying the ticket can it be mailed in?
    Feeling your pain about house,I went thru this also and know how draining it is. Keep lots of notes,or carry a small recorder. Do you have a lawyer helping you?

ahh families.................
    The way things are going begining to think we should build an ark!

deep breaths,one task at a time,you are doing great
  8. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear you've got so much going on at one time. Seems like
    there should be some kinda cosmic score card somewhere. You can't have
    more than two disasters at a time. Also, no more than two chronic ailments
    at a time.

If you have the energy you can complain to your state's banking commission.
    And if you have more energy you can look for the papers regarding the closing
    of the account.

Very strange the bank never contacted you about all these fees during the
    last 3 years. But you have one comforting thought. I can't imagine any
    jury that would ever give an award to a bank. During the Great Depression
    much of the public cheered for robbers like Bonnie and Clyde.

In San Francisco some bank (B of A?) has a polished black boulder as an
    ornament at its front door. San Franciscans refer to it as "the heart of
    a banker".

9. kat211

kat211 New Member

I'm not paying the ticket because it was one of those photo radar things that takes a picture. It is clearly not me as my husband has a beard and looks nothing like a female. It must be automated, as no real person would attach my name to his face. LOL. To dispute it I have to go to court.

I am currently trying to get all of my documentation and pictures together for my attorney. It is taking a lot of energy to get it done. Being at the computer and printer while sitting on the couch is not a comfortable position with my fibro and the disk that is out in my neck.

I'm trying not to think about the possibility that we might have to move. This is the first house I have actually hung up pictures in and allowed myself to settle into. I have moved more times than years I have lived on this earth. I don't want my son growing up moving around like his father and I did. I just feel defeated b/c I am just getting comfortable putting down roots and now they are being threatened.

I had to kick the dogs out because they keep trying to sit in my lap and are fighting over me. Big goofy dogs.

I am thankful that I'm not working right now. I think that would just push me over the edge.

What is that saying? When one door closes another one opens? I keep trying to hang on to what my grandfather used to say, "Don't let the dirty b@$t@rd$ get you down." It is just a lot for one person to handle.

***As I was writing this, my attorney called. He really thinks I might be able to get out of this house based on the information I have dug up on my own. At the very least, I have information that will get the seller's agents real estate license revoked, which we will be pursuing. Please Please say a prayer for my family. His words now have me in tears of release. I know it will be difficult to find a rental that will allow our critters, but anything is better than dealing with this mess.