It didn't last

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ozgran, May 16, 2003.

1. ozgran

ozgran New Member

Have been telling you all how well I have been doing and BINGO it has all fallen apart again. Have had a few stresses going on around me, so guess that could be the reason. It really is annoying tho' as I was feeling so very much better. Anyway, I see a lot of you are getting up to start the day over in the USA. It is 2.30am on 17th over here in Australia. Couldn't sleep with the pain so got up, took some painkillers, came to "my family on the board" for a bit of comfort and understanding and am now going back to bed. Love Ozgran.

PS. Maybe hubby has stopped snoring again by now too. That doesn't help.
  2. kellbear

kellbear New Member

So sorry you are feeling bad. I understand completely. I went through almost 3 weeks of feeling fairly good and then it hit me again. I have noticed that I am having more good days than bad lately. I want to keep it that way. It seems that when we feel good, we overdo it and it causes a crash. Pace yourself when you feel good just like you do when you feel bad.
  3. tansy

tansy New Member

so sorry to hear you've gone downhill again.

I started trying to deal with these DDs many years ago. Went to this amazing doc in London who said recovery was never smooth. That if you've been ill a long time there will be hiccups along the way.

I'm hoping this applies to you.

Pain can be so wearing, and always worse at night when it's harder to distract ourselves from it.

Hope you get some sleep soon.

Cheers

Tansy

4. MemoryLane

MemoryLane Member

You work so hard to feel better only to have it backfire on you. I am tired of trying this and doing that just to make a difference in the quality of my life.

I think I am just going to sit here in this "static" condition and do nothing more, it probably won't matter anyway.

Wishing you well,

Lane
  5. ozgran

ozgran New Member

It really does give a lift when someone responds to your posts. It is now 12 noon over here in Oz and I am up and about and have done some things I had to do, but am going to go and have a sleep this afternoon. try to catch up a bit. Love Ozgran
  6. pam_d

pam_d New Member

I am sorry, I know it's discouraging when this happens after you've been so encouraged. But as I've gone through those peaks and valleys with this DD over the past 4 years that I've had it, the one thing that makes it easier is knowing I CAN have good periods, even sometimes extended good periods. Somehow the longer I have a "history" with this illness, the more I can see that I do seem to come out of the rotten periods & flares. So even when the good days or weeks don't last, I at least know that I can have them, that they do return....

Hope you are feeling better soon!

Hugs,
    Pam
  7. loopyloo

loopyloo New Member

Earplugs are good you wont hear him snoring then and will sleep like a baby (i wish )thats if the pain would go away

(((((((((big hugs ))))))))))))))from the uk
    Loopyloo xx
    [This Message was Edited on 05/17/2003]
  8. Bacci

Bacci New Member

I just love to write anyone in Australia. I lived there for six months last year and it feels like my second home. I hate to hear about the downswings. I know how it feels. SOmetimes, things are going so well and you think, "Wow! I finally figured it all out!" then it comes back with a vengeance! I have also noticed that the pain or CFIDS flares up in certain weather like when it's too cold or too hot/humid. I had a really good stretch in Australia from March/April to June, but then it got too cold and I started to get sick again. THen I came home to the US in our summer and it was too hot. Things got better during our autumn, but the last four or five months have been terrible. It gets frustrating but I keep telling myself that it will get better someday--it always does.

Hope your day is going ok, it's almost seven at night here in California so it's morning or almost noon for you.

TAke care,
    Bacci
  9. ozgran

ozgran New Member

Thank you all for your replies. I reluctantly went back to the Zoloft and am starting to feel a bit better. Am a little bit disappointed as I now have 3 kilos off and want to keep that happening. I know it gives me the munchies so I will just have to very aware. Maarit I think it was said, "what is weight when you think of Rose". She is right. So I will just keep trying to watch what I eat and hope I can get back on track. Thank you all again. Love Ozgran.
  10. PatPalmer

PatPalmer New Member

Just wondering how you are, I put your name in the top only to find this post from you a couple of weeks back.

I`m learning more and more that stress is the biggest factor in all this, hope things have improved for you.

How`s your health at the moment?

Love Pat.
  11. Applyn59

Applyn59 New Member

Every time I find something that helps, it doesn't
    last long. It never fails. It is so depressing.
    Once you feel good for a little while, going back
    feels worse than before. I don't even remember
    what it feels like to feel good. The most I ever
    felt better was taking growth hormone natural
    stimulators and another time using hot tub.
    I am not saying I felt perfect by any means, I just
    mean functional. I have not been functional
    since a year ago May. Wasting my life away.
    Good luck.
    I hope you are doing better now.
    Lynn