IT EARLY, IMSOMIA...THE QUESTION

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by street129, Dec 13, 2009.

1. street129

street129 New Member

I HAVE ONE BAND OF LYME 41KD REACTIVE, ALL THIS IS NEW TO ME, IM OVERWHELMED WITH THIS STUFF, AND I JUST NEED TO GET MY FOOT IN A DOOR WITH A GOOD DR, I SPEND CLOSE TO 2 HUNDRED DOLLARS ALONE FILLING OUT A 700 QUESTIONAIRE, THIS DR FARR, ANY ONE HEARD OF HIM, HES IN FLORIDA, HE WANT NEXT TO DO A COMPREHENSIVE STOOL ANALIZE TEST FOR YEAST AND OTHER STUFF, THAT TEST WILL CASE ME 350. I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO WITH THAT, I NEED TO DO IT, TO KNOW IF I HAVE YEAST AND GET TO THE BOTTOM OF MY INDIGESTION AND FINDING OUT WHY MY I SEE MY FOOD IN MY STOOL, BUT I CANNOT DO THIS TEST AND SEE A LLMD DR AT THE SAME TIME, I DONT HAVE THAT KIND OF MONEY, I CAN ONLY SEE 1 PRSON FOR A TEST ON EITHER LLMD OR THE COMPREHENSIVE STOOL ANALZE, I DIFFENTELY WANT THAT DONE TOO. WHAT WOULD YOU TAKE CARE OF FIRST, BTW I LOST 85 POUNDS. UNEXPLAINED.
  2. gapsych

gapsych New Member

IMHO, it sounds like you need to see a medical doctor who can actually see you. There are lots of things a doctor could miss by not seeing you in person that a questionnaire might miss.

Losing 85 pounds if unintended, could mean a lot of things. Are you diabetic?

If you see a medical doctor, he could send you to an infectious disease doctor or have all the tests done at one place.

I think the above would be able to take care of all the problems and refer you to any other appropriate doctors. It is horrible to have to shell out that kind of money to a doctor you never see. How long did it take you to lose the 85 pounds? I would think that would be a major concern.

Do you have insurance?

Take care, good luck and I would see the doctor ASAP.

gap
  3. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

Are you sure that Medicaid won't cover the comprehensive stool analysis test? Medicare does cover it (I was very surprised to find this out).

Anyways, get the name of the lab that does the test and call them to see if Medcaid will pay for it - it just might. I think it is an important test for you, especially with all your digestive problems and losing weight.

Mary
  4. victoria

victoria New Member

you need to see a medical doctor.

BTW a 'real' LLMD is exactly that, an MD; Dr. Farr is a chiropractor I think? Chiropractors are good for certain things, but don't take the place of a medical doctor. He should be referring you for a complete going over/comprehensive physical by an Internal Medicine MD.

As to "band 41" ... the Western Blot (WB) test in any case is only one indicator and not conclusive as to whether one has lyme or not, unless one shows up with the 5 bands positive that makes the CDC want to 'track' you for 'surveillance' of the disease. (Even then, some don't show signs/symptoms, but rarely.) Overall the WB doesn't have a high rate of reliability, at best 70%.

The CDC says it should be a 'clinical diagnosis' regardless of the results of a Western Blot or any other.

Good luck, I hope you find out what's going on.

all the best,
    Victoria