It has been a long day for me.

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by rosemarie, Oct 14, 2006.

1. rosemarie

rosemarie Member

I am kinda upset today. I went to help my daughter move out of her house and in to her new apartment. She and hubby are ahving some money problems and the house payment is gotten to HIGH For them. So they are doing a quick sell.

Today I was to help pack but instead I played with my grandson , and that kept him out of the way so that was good. When I tried to pick up the stuff from the floor it cause's me alot of pain. So I was sitting on the floor and could not get back up. I can't stand to have some one pull me up as it causes me to have really sharp stabbing pain in my left wrist that I shattered and it has a plate and 6 screws in it so pulling on it hurts to much.So I would crawl to the nearest chair and pull my selp up and the crawling really hurts my knees. So I am feeling like I was not as much help as I wanted to be.

IT didn't help to have my SIL have a smart mouth as he asked my daughter {his wife} So why did your mom come she can't help much or lift anything? And I really wanted to smack him but my daughter did it for me. She told him that I was there to do what I could do and if that was just keeping the baby out of the way then that was good enough.

But as the day went on I felt so usuless as I watched everyone packing up things and picking up junk from the floor. And I could not do much of that. I wanted to be such a help today. And I am paying for what I did do.

I am not to lift but I was picking up my grandson as he was trying to run after his mother as she left for a minute and he weighs 25 lbs and is 18 months old. I Picked up clothes from the floor and all the wire hangers from the floor and tossed the hangers away as they now have new plastic ones. And I did some more lifting and walking and standing .

So to night my body hurts so badly and my cavles have been cramping so hard that I can see the KNOTS in them. MY arms are throbbing as are my hips and thighs.And my back aches alot too. So that is what you get when you do things that you should not be doing.

But I just wanted to help her get her house in order so that it could be packed up and moved quickly but it didn't work that way. Her FIL found garbage bags as he could not find boxes for the clothes and he bagged all the clothes up in the garbage bags. Then there were all the papers on the floor and baby toys and crackers and cherrioes and you name it . IT was on that floor.

I didn't do a good job in teaching my daughters to clean house and to keep it clean. I should have taught them better but I didn't clean house and keep my house so very clean either. So I was stressing over things once more that I can't change . And I know better than to Sweat the small stuff .

Well since my arms and hands are hurting and I ache all over I will quit whinning now. I just needed to vent a bit.
    Thanks for listening to me whine.
    Rosemarie
  2. Beadlady

Beadlady Member

but I'm sure you were a big help there. I'm sure your grandson appreciated having someone to play with when everyone else was busy.
  3. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

You did what you could. Nobody could do more than that.

And playing w/ your grandson was very important. Lots of little kids get hurt on moving day. It's good you were there to watch him.
  4. marsupialmama

marsupialmama New Member

Keeping the little ones occupied is a HUGE deal, especially on moving day. It lets the mom focus on getting her stuff sorted out and moved.

I;m sure the little guy enjoyed his time with Grandma too.

No comment on the SILs attitude... Grr.

When we moved I hardly did any lifting because of my back and other probs. It was fun telling everyone else what to do though! And I did move stuff I knew I could handle, lightweight stuff.