It hurts

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Sunshyne1027, Sep 4, 2002.

1. Sunshyne1027

Sunshyne1027 New Member

A friend whom I thought understood me, a close frined. Thinks its all in my head. The fibro.

I know others have expereinced this. It hurts, it hurts so bad, when people dont believe you.

2. Sunshyne1027

Sunshyne1027 New Member

A friend whom I thought understood me, a close frined. Thinks its all in my head. The fibro.

I know others have expereinced this. It hurts, it hurts so bad, when people dont believe you.

3. Shirl

Shirl New Member

We all have to deal with this kind of thing. I also had a friend, I knew her for twenty years, she seemed to accept what I had, and then she started telling me that I was not over weight, did not have diabetes (she is a diabetic),no heart problems, and that I did not look sick at all. So how could I be sick and not look sick??

Well, I realized this was no friend of mine, even though I knew her all those years.

We have parted company, and you know I really don't miss her at all!

It is such a disappointment when we find these things out about people we trust. But believe me, in the long run you will be better off without her.

Take care, and know that we are here for you, and I know you will find another friend, that will be honest and compassionate toward you.

Shalom, Shirl

4. RonaEileen

RonaEileen New Member

Friends....family....bosses...coworkers. It hurts terribly. My suggestion for you when you hear a comment like that is to say: Yes, it is in my head. I dare you to find something you do that doesn't start in your head.

Ignorance is not excused. There is too much written about this condition to ignore it.

Rona
  5. herblady

herblady New Member

it's so frustrating to try to get the blind to see. try giving her a book to read about it. if she's your true friend she'll at least try to understand. cindi
  6. dlizard

dlizard New Member

with several of my freinds.... this time all this started with a ruptured muscle in my calf... it happened last july... one of " my so called friends" told another friend that I jumped and tore my muscle on purpose!!! We don't talk much anymore and when she calls I tell her "I'm fine". LOL LOL LOL I'm far from fine but "look" fine ok.... LOL so I gotcha!!! yeah..... lots o people do that. I have even encountered a psychologist that said " well you don't seem to have those emotional spells that some people have " I said.... yeah I do... just not today LOL>>>> and for the record I cried all day yesterday!!!! I just have to laugh at these people and keep going!!! Good luck
  7. fibolady

fibolady New Member

is the other person hurting because of their words, no. try not to dwell on her words, there are many, many people out there that do not believe in our dd. family and friends are the worst, hard to believe i know.

that was a good idea to give her some literature, make it something short and easy to read. if she comes around, great. if not, you don't need another stressor in your life.

warm regards, fibolady
  8. Tennessee

Tennessee New Member

not only friends,family and folks u work with but physicians also.am so sorry but know what your goin thru,keep the faith,ur among friends=).
  9. herblady

herblady New Member

thankfully the few friends i have are sympathetic even though they don't understand fm. but they do know i'm in pain, as far as they are concerned, that's all they need to know. cindi