It is 2 AM and I'm still up

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by joyfully, Dec 13, 2007.

1. joyfully

joyfully New Member

Well, the oral surgeon has taken me off Ambien and replaced it with clonazepam. It is supposed to stop the spasms in my jaw at night. it is supposed to make you tired.

Well, it is 2 AM and I'm still up and functioning. I don't think this is going to work. I need the ambien.

Now I'm not supposed to eat ANY SOLID food for 2 weeks. I have to get at CAT scan of my head again. This time, the focus is around my R. TMJ joint. They think I fractured it in the bad fall a month ago. I need something to help me sleep. I'm thinking about taking a half of an Ambien since that other medication didn't do a hoot!
  2. Beadlady

Beadlady Member

Hi Joyfully

I hopw you are doing well & enjoyng your new chair.

Happy Hollidays to you!!!
  3. morningsonshine

morningsonshine New Member

Hope you found some sleep this morning at least!

I woke up at 6 this morning because of a yucky dream i had!! I dreamt that a gunman was in my house, and i only had time to grab one kid and get them out safely!!

So hopefully you didn't have any bad dreams anyways!

4. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

I am not familiar w/ those meds, but hope you can find the right combination.

Two weeks w/o solid food seems like a long time. How many Popsicles can one gal eat?

5. mimimurch4

mimimurch4 New Member

Conazepam did not work for me either, nor did the ambien.
    I went through every sleeping pill they had and it had the opposite effect on me. I would go 10-12 days without sleeping and I was about to break down. Finally dr put me on 10mg of valium at night and it worked. Then I got RLS and he put me on mirapex and the combination lets me have a good nights sleep. It is hard for me to go to sleep any earlier than 11-12, but then I sleep 8-9 hrs.
    Any, that's my sleep story.
  6. zenouchy

zenouchy Member

Hope you get some sleep and good nourishment soon. Isn't this roller coaster weather nuts?

All the best,

7. zenouchy

zenouchy Member

We haven't heard from you in a long time. I hope you are feeling better.

Soft hugs,

8. joyfully

joyfully New Member

I've been trying to clean up my home. Everything just seems to keep falling farther and farther behind. My washing machine wouldn't drain. I know it is only about 1 year old, but I couldn't find the original receipt. It is stilll under the 2 year warranty, but I need the proof of purchase date. I was going through piles of papers when I inadvertently came across the final bills for Gretchen's treatments and cremation. I just totally broke down and sobbed.

now I'm crying again. I go Thursday to find out if my jaw is fractured by getting another CAT scan. I have to go the first week of Jan. to get an ultrasound to help determine if I still have cancer. I also have to get a bunch of blood work done to also test for the cancer.

My glasses are all scratched up from the fall, so I have to make an appointment to get new frames and lenses. I just don't feel like doing any of it.

I've not decorated the inside of my house for Christmas because I may be totally overwhelmed with the cancer test results the first week of Jan. I am scared. I just want the cancer to be gone. This is not my best day.

I also went over to Pet Smart and told them they either had to transfer me to a different store---or resolve the issue with the 60 degree pet training classroom temperature.

The one bright spot in my day today is that I stopped at Lowes to see if they could help me with the purchase date of my washing machine. They couldn't because they have very little memory in their store computers. The info. doesn't go back a full year.

My salesman came back from lunch just as I was getting ready to leave. Hea asked me if I still like my washing machine. I told him my problem with the pump. He took me over to a new Fisher Paykel washing machine and showed me how to easily get to the pump. I came home and did exactly what he showed me to do. I was able to fix my washing machine and tackle the mountain of dirty clothes that were sitting in the laundry room.

I subsequently called the repair service and cancelled my service appointment for tomorrow morning between 8 and noon. Don't you just hate that when you have two choices: morning or afternoon. Like you have NOTHING ELSE TO DO BUT WAIT FOR THEM!

Hopefully, tomorrow will be better. I just miss my Gretchen so much. I know these poopy feelings are caused by my thyroid level still being so low. I can mentally tell myself that, but I just can't help crying over Gretchen today.
  9. zenouchy

zenouchy Member

Saying prayers for you and sending you gentle hugs. I hope things get much better for you very soon.

P.S. My email has been acting weird. (LONG STORY!!) That's why I'm communicating with you here.

Feel better my friend.