It is difficult watching my niece get married

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Crispangel66, Feb 15, 2008.

1. Crispangel66

Crispangel66 New Member

but I am also happy about it. My brother is just having a hard time because he adopted two little girls one was an 8yr old and one was a 5yr old and about 12 yrs ago he lost one in a house fire and now the other one is getting married and it is so bittersweet for him and we we're watching G.A.C. and they played a song called "stealing cinderella" and he stared crying. This was on valentines day I am talking about that my niece died and that he was crying. It also happend to be my other niece's birthday. It is just something else because he does love and did love those girls just like they were his. When he got to the hospital and they said she was dead he is the one who fell to the floor and they had to pick him up. The mother who I am very close to asked me what do I do? I was not sure what to say because I felt guilty then and still feel guilty now because I was there at the fire and so was my hubby My son who was only 3 and now he has emotional problems and her grandparents her mother's parents who we are also close to and she died anyway. It still feels after all those years I let her mother down who was not there when the fire broke out she was shopping with the daughter who had the birthday.I just wish I would be able to forgive myself but i it were my child that had died could I forgive ? She isn't blaming me but I am blaming me Crispangel
  2. painterZ

painterZ New Member

what a horrible tragedy. I am so sorry your family is going through this. I wish I had some magic words to help heal you and your family. I'll keep you in my thoughts.