It is getting worse

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by walt2, May 2, 2006.

1. walt2

walt2 New Member

I have had CFS for over 10 years now, and over the last year, I would say it is getting worse by the month. It seems to be attacking my chest area, I have had a heart check up and that is fine, but I keep on getting these very bad pains in my chest and then go to my shoulders. After that, it goes away for a few weeks and then comes back again. Pain killers do not work at all and all my doc says that it is the CFS that is causing it and that it will pass, as there is nothing else that he can do. It makes me feel very lonely now as it seems that no one can help me and I will just have to put up with the pain.
    Sorry to go on but I have had a hell of a week or so with this.
    Walt2
  2. Lalania1970

Lalania1970 New Member

I know from experience about the awful chest pains. I found out over 3 years ago that I had fibro and I experience the chest pains also that make me feel like i am having a heart attack and nothing helps except time. Mine dont last but maybe 30 min then go away but when I first started having them it scared me. I find sometimes what relieves it alittle is to stretch my arms across my chest and try to loosen the chest muscles up alittle. sometimes it works sometimes it doesnt. Mine is getting worse (even though I have been told Fibro isnt progressive) as far as my hips and leg pain. I look forward to the day that they find a reason for all this and something to help ALL of us out. Hang in there and God Bless.
    Lani
  3. 6cats

6cats New Member

I can empathize...mine is getting worse as well only mine is is the neck and back much worse now. I was just in the ER last week for an acute migraine attack and getting sick...which lasted the day!

And yes we need to vent. Thank goodness for this place!!!
  4. Fibrolady37

Fibrolady37 New Member

fine we are all hear for each other thats the idea of this board we all look out for & help each other.
    Ive had fms for just over 10 years now & this last 3 or 4months my pain has gone worse so quickly im really scared so im off to see my doctor 1st thing in the morning.
    I wear splints on both my hands but im still crippled with the pain its agonising.
    Im going to see if i can take more pain killers & something at night to help me sleep.
    Always remember im here for you whenever you need me you can mail me & i will get back to you when i can.
    Welcome to my fibro family.May god bless you & yours.
    Fibrolady37.
  5. walt2

walt2 New Member

Going to go to the doctors this afternoon, I wonder what he will come up with. I bet it is "you have CFS what can you expect". That is what he normaly say's.
    Will let you know later tonight.
    Walt2
  6. walt2

walt2 New Member

Seen the doctor and gess what, it is only painful mussels.
    He said that my body does not like me and is fighting me all the time. Well I give up if it is going to be that painful.
    Walt2