It is official - NO fibro - 2 torn disks

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lovinlifeinAK, Aug 19, 2005.

1. lovinlifeinAK

lovinlifeinAK New Member

I went and had dye injected into my disks on Wednesday. I have 3 tears on the very bottom disk and one tear on the disk between L4 & L5.

Now waiting to get appt with ortho surgeon to see what my options are.

Thanks to all you wonderful people I got to wondering if I really had fibro. As my symptoms were similar, but just not quite the same. If I had not found this board I would never have persued the issue.

Though I may not have fibro I am still going to visit as there is so much information on all sorts of things here. So many knowledgable people!! Just wanted to share, I am a little uneasy about what my options are at this point. But I will most likely come here after my visit with the ortho surgeon.......talk with you all today and soon after.

Hugs to all (gently of course) :)
  2. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

it sounds like what you have is a lot more fixable than fibro. Glad to hear it! My daughter is coming home from spending the summer working the passenger train in AK....she has missed AK. Take care and let us know how you're doing!
  3. lovinlifeinAK

lovinlifeinAK New Member

I have started checking out the website, I will finish tonight. Since my disk is torn - my options are less than that of a herniated disk.

Also since there are multiple tears. Basically I can do PT forever, I may feel slightly better, but I will never ever be able to do to much activity, as the more I do, the more I "push the colgate paste" onto my nerves. I am seeing a non-knife happy surgeon to go over which option is best..

the less invasive - band around the disk. Or go to UCLA for disk replacement. Because I am so young, fusion is not something they suggest at all. But I will keep doing my research and wait till I speak to the surgeon before making any decisions!!
  4. badangel3

badangel3 New Member

as someone with a bad back & fibro, I know how the symtoms can cross over. Just being here with us, means another person has true knowledge of this DD and can pass that on to others. We would love it if you stayed with us. Jackie
  5. lovinlifeinAK

lovinlifeinAK New Member

I am not going anywhere!! I love you all to much and have grown found off you all. During your happy times and your tough times.

Also the amount of knowledge I am have gotten from you all I couldn't leave, I might miss out on new knowledge...LOL
  6. lovinlifeinAK

lovinlifeinAK New Member

I forgot to add - thanks for your reply. I was touched. My family and friends really do believe in fibro (well most of them). I know my co-workers and those that work with my old man believe in fibro.

They have seen my bad days when walking is trouble. Even though I try to hide it, they can tell when I am hurting really bad and when I am only hurting a little. But I continue to put the word out.

I am a lucky duck as my doc beleived me and in fibro as well as work and my old man has been so supportive!!