It is sleeting in Central Texas

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by joyfully, Apr 7, 2007.

1. joyfully

joyfully New Member

Well, I had to change my thermostat from airconditioning to furnace today. It is sleeting outside! All of my iris are in bloom----well, were in bloom.

It was in the upper 90's last year at this time. This is wacko weather!
  2. joyfully

joyfully New Member

Very strange indeed. It is unusual for us to even get sleet in winter---let alone in April! Wacko weather----
  3. Engel

Engel New Member

We went from close to 80 >>>>>>> down to below freezing 2 days later and we are still very colllllllllld ... brrrrrrrrrr :-( . I think this crazy weather is causing my pain to be so acute. My lilacs and flowering trees will not be blooming this year. All of my beautiful daffodils and hyacynths are flattened. I just hope it has not damaged my clematis and roses. Our peach crop is probably shot for the year.
  4. sisland

sisland New Member

Oh yes! Strange wheather patterens! It was 68 degrees for 2 days over the Easter weekend and now today it's 25 and snowing! Wierd,,,,,,,S
  5. mary124

mary124 New Member

I live in Hutto/Georgetown area and it was snowing in downtown Georgetown! ( just outside of Austin) I live out in the Country --or at least thats what everyone calls it as there is nothing out there, but if you go 15 minutes this way or that you are in the city of Round Rock, GT or Pflugerville) Anyway, it was sleeting ice. I was outside with my dogs and when I first went outside it was just COLD but by the time I went back inside, I thought it was raining, but NO! it was icing over and my porch was very icy, I had to be careful as I usually fall on slippery things, (this was just in 20 minutes). But like Joyfully, I remember the 90-100 degree weather we had last year- and even last week where we had either the windows open or the A/C on, (had the heater on all day Saturday and most of the morning on Sunday-- haven't had it on for awhile). Now today it is 70's and its suppose to get up to 80's later in the week. They say, if you don't like Texas weather, just stay awhile and it will change.