IT JUST MAKES YOU MISERABLE, IT WON'T KILL YOU

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by teawah, Mar 5, 2003.

1. teawah

teawah New Member

THIS REALLY SUCKS! DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT I MEAN? OF COURSE YOU DO. I JUST FOUND YOU ALL TODAY AND JEEZE ARE WE A CROWD. THE DOCS SHOULD VISIT THIS PLACE. I AM GLAD TO HEAR THAT YOU ARE OUT THERE AND SUPPORTING EACH OTHER.
    MY STORY IS SIMILAR TO ALL OF YOURS. I WON'T GET INTO IT. LET'S JUST SAY I AM MISERABLE TODAY AND I REFUSE TO CALL THE DOC FOR PAIN DRUGS. HOT BATH AND COUCH WERE MY REMEDIES TODAY. TOMORROW I WILL DEFINITELY BE CALLING THE DOC THOUGH CAUSE I DON'T BELIEVE IN TOO MUCH SUFFERRING! I USED TO FEEL SORRY FOR MYSELF (UNDERSTANDABLE) BECAUSE OF MY ILLNESS AND WONDER WHY WE WERE CHOSEN TO JUST SUFFER AND THE PEOPLE WITH CANCER GOT TO DIE. I THOUGHT IT WAS UNFAIR. STILL DO BUT OH WELL. THE HAND I WAS DEALT MAYBE WASN'T FAIR BUT MAYBE I CAN USE IT TO HELP SOMEONE ELSE OR MAYBE DONATE MY BROKEN DOWN BODY TO SCIENCE SO THEY CAN USE IT FOR SOMETHING. LIKE THEY WOULD WANT THIS CRAP (SMILE)!
    I AM REALLY GLAD YOU ARE HERE! THANKYOU, TEAWAH
  2. Kathryn

Kathryn New Member

You sound like you are really down today. Believe me, we ALL get like that now and then. The trick is to keep it "then", rather than "now". Send someone to the store for a big box of epsom salts. Pour a couple cups in the bath tub and fill it just as high as possible with water as hot as you can stand it. Then get in and soak until the water cools off. The salts will draw some of the tension out and you will probably feel a bunch better. Try to do this shortly before bed time. It is very relaxing, especially if you turn off the lights and light a candle or two. Write us in the morning and see if you don't feel better.
    Kathryn
  3. ssMarilyn

ssMarilyn New Member

Use proper lower case so we can read your post. I can't read all upper case, and it is also deemed "shouting" on the net.

Marilyn :)
  4. Tattoopixie

Tattoopixie New Member

Yes- I know that feeling well! I read somewhere that people w/chronic pain from FM rate their quality of life lower than those w/a terminal illness that will result in death. I hit rock bottom last year & actually did a search online for 'best way to commit suicide' & actually wound up at a UK woman's site who had a very lot to say on the subject that was all dark humor. Perhaps now is the time to rent some dark comedies - I like "Go" & "Head Above Water" - there is another one w/Cameron Diaz where she wants the perfect wedding but it all goes wrong & the bachelor party is the site of an unintentional murder - these movies buck me up when I am down - I guess because they show you - it could be worse & if you can laugh you can pull through it. ***Pixie***
  5. danisue22

danisue22 New Member

I don't know why we all are so blessed to have thus wretched dd ,but we are .Like the lady said we have all been where you are now.There's a country western song out called Nobody knows it but me.Every time I hear it I don't know if I should cry or laugh but it says alot about how I feel and sounds like you do to.Not so long ago I had one of those (Just take me out behind the barn and shoot me days)so many people came to console me and encourage me from this board.It was beautiful.I also have alot of peope that tell me what an inspiration I am to them ,because they know how much pain is endured and yet along with it there are friends we have in the flesh and the ones from the board.To stay happy and joyful when were in the shape were in is amazing.Without even relizing it we help so many normals.I find it kind of funny and I hear laughter is good for the soulEnjoy your bath.I can remember when I'd take 3 or 4 a day.Your in my prayers Danisue
  6. Sandyz

Sandyz New Member

I agree with you. FIBROMYALGIA SUCKS! I absolutely hate it. It doesn`t kill you, just torures you. I guess we all know what being tortured feels like.

Danisue, that song "Nobody Knows But Me" should be our song. It sure fits.
    [This Message was Edited on 03/06/2003]
  7. AnnetClo

AnnetClo New Member

I know how you're feeling. When I was first diagnosed but not being treated for FM, I was a miserable person. I felt so bad 24/7 and I didn't even like to be with myself so I know my family hated being around me. I felt so sorry for myself. It was poor me this, poor me that all the time. But when I finally found a doctor who was willing to give me meds to help with the pain, those days are fewer and further apart. The pain is never totally relieved, and I don't kid myself that it will ever be, but at least now when I'm feeling down I can think of all the things I am blessed with. I still have my sight so I can see the flowers and my grandchildren and my 6 fuzzbutt cats. I can still walk (although a lot of days it's painful) but so many others with this DD can't. I still have my job and an income while many others are trying to cope with no income. I'm certainly not trying to sound smug here, but no matter how much we hurt or how badly we're feeling, there is always something to be thankful for. I'm just grateful that I learned to realize that.
    Wishing you happy pain free days very soon!
    Hugs
    Annette
  8. teawah

teawah New Member

Thanx to all that have replied to my ranting. Today has been even worse. I haven't felt this miserable to a long time. I tried to get some pain meds but the supposed DR who is a NP told me that I have made it hard for him to treat me because I told him that I can no longer take anti-infammatories and Ultram makes me sick. He accused me of just wanting him to give me narcotics and I went off. I purposely went off of all meds a year and a half ago and started taking alternative OTC stuff including supplements. I do pretty well most of the time but that makes no difference. I am just a junkie as far as he was concerned and HE wasn't about to listen to my side of the situation. He drew some blood and when I told him that I thought that he should do some studying on FM because he was ignorant he told me that he wasn't going to be talked down to by the likes of me. I lost it. I am so sick of being treated like a sub-human. I am so sick of hurting. Trying to do something good for myself has done me more harm than good because I turn down the anti-depressants he tried to shove at me. Oh, this should help you in a few days, and if it doesn't just take more. God if I could only take them all and go to sleep and never wake up. I am just too chicken. I use my children to give me reason not to. I guess I am just so depressed from hurting so freaking badly.