It makes me want to cry...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Myth, Jun 29, 2003.

1. Myth

Myth New Member

Somtimes suffering is not as hard as seeing others suffer... My dad has FMS, pretty much as bad as me now (my decline was slower and started earlier, his later in life but downhill faster). My little brother has leukemia and my step mother quit working to help out with his care. So my dad was the main money earner. Like all of us, myself included, he pushed himself to keep working. He owns a business with three partners. he took some time off when my brother was real sick and his partners understood that. But then with the stress from work and the worry over my brother made his health worse we could not keep up the pace. He ended up have a nervous breakdown and tried to commit suicide. The doctor made him take time of work to go to therapy. Then he caught phnemonia and was back in the hospital. Now his partners don't want him back. But they don't have a lump sum payment to by him out. He is not allowd to work for the competition and is running out of money. All this stress is putting him in a flare. I can't stand to see him so upset and to suffer so all because of the dd. He has me to talk to about FMS stuff but this does not help him with these problems. I wish he did not have to work, it is not good for him. I worry about him.
    Myth :(
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I am so sorry for all that your family has been through. If you want, go to the Worship Forum and ask for prayer. We have a lot of prayer worriors here who will be happy to pray for you, including me.

Love, Mikie
  3. sujay

sujay New Member

My heart aches to think about what you and your family are going through. I will certainly pray for you and yours, but remember that "God helps those who help themselves", and check out the posts on hypercoagulation.

May God keep and bless you all.

Love,
    Sujay
  4. Myth

Myth New Member

for the kind comments. I should recommend this forum to my father. He has a hard time talking about what is really going on with him, and perhaps not seeing the people that he talks to (And talking to people that understand what he is going through) would help him open up. The reason I like this board is because people are always helpful and positive.
    Myth :)