It Must Have Been You Lord....

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by ValleyGirl89, Sep 14, 2003.

1. ValleyGirl89

ValleyGirl89 New Member

The words of this song have so much meaning in my life and I want to share this song with you and why it means so much to me.

I remember when I didn't call you Lord. I was a lonely sheep that ran away from your fold. So many years I lived in darkness, but looking back I see, it must have been you Lord watching over me.

(Chorus) It must have been you Lord, it must have been you. It must have been those nail scared hands that brought me through. And that is why I'm here today praising you, cause looking back Lord I know it must have been you.

Lord your mercy overwhelms me and fills my heart with praise. You had your hand upon me even before I knew your grace. And when I think of all the times that I wandered a stray, if it hadn't been for you Lord, where would I be today? Chorus is repeated..

Most of you know by reading Debbie's posts and replys, that we lost our mother in 1999 and our dad in 2001. I was a sinner through the loss of both of our parents. I was close to both of them, but I was daddy's girl. He was my lifetime buddy! It hurt deeply with the loss of both of them, but when I lost my dad, I did not think that I could bear it, I thought that I just could not make it if I lost him. There were people that knew how close I was to dad and they were praying for me. Some prayed with me, and I heard them asking for comfort and peace to help me deal with my loss. On the day that I lost my dad, I was just so torn up, but in the middle of my grief, I felt a peace and a comfort come over me and I knew where it had come from. It amazed me that God would answer those prayers for comfort and peace for me, a sinner! Well, I got through the loss of my dad and I was able to bear it. Through this storm in my life, God sent me calm, He heard the prayers that went up for me. Dad passed away in November 2001, and on December 25, 2001, within a month of my dads death, I repented. I have since strayed away, but on August 26, 2003, the day after my dads birthday, I rededicated my life back to God. Now the words of this song have such a special meaning for me because when I didn't call Him Lord, and even before I knew His grace, He had his hand upon me! This is the reason that I came to Him in the first place, even if I did not hold on to my faith, and this is the reason that I am here today praising Him now! He loved and cared for me then and now, and I love and care for Him today!

God Bless All
    Lisa
    [This Message was Edited on 09/15/2003]
    [This Message was Edited on 09/15/2003]
  2. ValleyGirl89

ValleyGirl89 New Member

I don't have a way with words...I only posted what was on my heart. When I hear this song, I always think of dad. I guess you can see why? Yes, this was a testimony... I wanted everyone to know what God did for me, even when I was lost, as well as what He does for me now. It amazed me then, and it amazes me now!
    Lisa
  3. orionshines94

orionshines94 New Member

As I read your post a song came to my mind that I haven't heard in many years. I hope it speaks to your heart as it did mine. "I COULDN'T MAKE IT WITH OUT HIM" He let me try my wings bceause I ask him to knowing all the time I couldn't fly. He let me choose my footsteps down the road of life , and all the time I never ask him why. C. But now, Im beginning to understand, he bought my life and he already had it planned. Oh foolish me, I could not see, sin had my vision dim. He let me go just so I would know.. that I COULDN'T MAKE IT WITH OUT HIM. You are in my prayers. Dear Jesus, I pray you will finish what you started in Lisa. Keep your hand on her. Speak peace to her heart. Comfort her with your presence. In Jesus presious name, A man IT WAS THE LORD.
  4. ValleyGirl89

ValleyGirl89 New Member

Thank you so much for the words to that song...The words of a song has so much meaning! It's very beautiful and touching. God does know what direction that our lives will take, even before we know what to do with ourselves. He never forces His will on us, but I am so glad that when we come to realize that we are not our own anymore, He is there to forgive us and take us in. Yes, the words of that song touched me! Thank you for your reply and thank you for praying for me. It is a comfort to know that when we are feeling weak or let down, there are people out there that take the time to let us know they care!
    God Bless you Sheila.
    Lisa