it seems like alot of us.....poll....

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by amilyne, Dec 1, 2002.

1. amilyne

amilyne New Member

hi everyone..ive been reading these boards for awhile aand it sure seems like alot of us are in the medical field i.e... being nurses,or whatever..im a nursing assistant...I just think this is interesting,im sure it doesnt mean anything i just wanted to state that its seems strange.

So i have a little poll: how many of us work in the medical field...like nursing etc...?

Ive been a nursing assistant for 5 years ,and am planning to go to nsg school soon.

[This Message was Edited on 12/01/2002]
  2. amilyne

amilyne New Member

hi everyone..ive been reading these boards for awhile aand it sure seems like alot of us are in the medical field i.e... being nurses,or whatever..im a nursing assistant...I just think this is interesting,im sure it doesnt mean anything i just wanted to state that its seems strange.

So i have a little poll: how many of us work in the medical field...like nursing etc...?

Ive been a nursing assistant for 5 years ,and am planning to go to nsg school soon.

[This Message was Edited on 12/01/2002]
  3. kadywill

kadywill New Member

and I agree with you; there ARE a lot of us. We did a poll once about nurses and teachers. I was BOTH!!! coincidence?????? Hmmmmmmmmm.............
    Kady
  4. amilyne

amilyne New Member

hi marla, i know also from talking about it at work(i work in a big hospital in minneapolis) a few nurses that have this...i would like to know what you think for sure,im wondering about this too,thats why i posted this message,.. ive just seen way too many nurses that have this , im a n.a, but even still. now im just scared that i wont be able to handle nursing and that really stinks because i cant see myself doing anything else,but ill do it anyways because i love my job.

ami
  5. Pat UK

Pat UK New Member

I used to be a careworker in a home for people with learning disability. I have been sick from work since July, and going for ill health retirement. I had this job for 12 years and loved it. I am very sad.
    Pat
  6. Kim

Kim New Member

I feel like a doctor I've done so much research on depression and nutrition. Now everybody at work comes to me for advice on what supplements to take. I seem to be able to help all these people and they come back feeling better....I wish I could find more help for myself.

For now, I'm trusting in God and helping where I can.

kim
  7. kadywill

kadywill New Member

my little RN buddy.......
  8. dan0248

dan0248 New Member

Maybe, but I would say that it would be more the fact that you all have a closer working relation with things of this nature by way of intelligence. I’ve had so many tests in the past 10 years that several doctors and a few hospitals have named rooms after me.
  9. Cindi

Cindi New Member

But I could be!! I have 2 children with a genetic disorder, and my youngest son has MANY medical problems and learning disabilities (some of this is in my profile). I've been his primary caregiver for 14 years, and our "home away from home" is his children's hospital! Does this count???!!!

Cindi
  10. 1Writer

1Writer New Member

I am a Registered Medical Assistant, but I don't practice anymore...went back to school in 1987 and got degree in Advertising Art (makes more money)...don't do that anymore, either...I'm a stay at home writer...but it does seem more than just coincidence that a lot of the people on this site are of the medical profession...maybe it's because we search for answers more?

#1Writer
  11. klutzo

klutzo New Member

Yes, I'd like to know, since you are both a doctor and a nurse, why do you think there are so many in the medical profession with these DD's???
    I noticed in my support group that almost everyone who worked outside the home was either a nurse, a teacher or a secretary. Then one day a light bulb went on...DUH! We are all middle-aged, and in our generation, those were the three "acceptable" jobs for women, so it was only natural that most of us were one of those three things.
    I'd love to hear your theory to, which is probably more medically factual than mine.
    Klutzo
  12. kadywill

kadywill New Member

DOCTOR Cindi!!
    Bless your heart!!! Hugs and kisses to the kids!
    Love,
    Kady
  13. epicurean

epicurean New Member

was an LPN for many years-long ago!!
  14. dlizard

dlizard New Member

with tons o years experience,,,, currently not practicing but thinking of getting in on the legal end of healthcare!!! I'll help everyone rip em a new one ... one day when our cure is most likely "accidently" discovered *deal* ? LOL Good luck!
  15. 2BPainfree

2BPainfree New Member

Yes, I definately think there is a corralation. I have known SO many nurses in different hospitals and home health settings who have all the "weird" symptoms.

I think there may be something involved with the latex/powdered gloves we were constantly exposed to for so many years. GUESS what else has powder and latex.....
    BALLOONS!!!

Just a thought! (Would love to hear any one elses theory)

Susan/ RN since 1990
  16. selma

selma New Member

Drs. Etc...
  17. kadywill

kadywill New Member

doctors don't really have that much patient contact...nurses, PA's, FNP's and CNA's do everything!!! LOL
    I really perked up at the comment about the three major occupations for women of our age being nurses, teachers and secretaries! I was a teacher, a nurse, a secretary and a waitress....all public servants of sorts......hmmmmmmmmm....
    Love,
    Kady
  18. Cindi

Cindi New Member

I DO put in the LONG hours,am ALWAYS on call, but DON'T get the paycheck they do!!! I sure wish I did :)

Hugs-
    Cindi

19. AnnetClo

AnnetClo New Member

Although I haven't practiced for about 5 years, I spent 18 years in an emergency department. And Marla, I saw something about a study that hints that a large number of nurses end up with fibro, but I also can't remember specifics. Fog and all, ya know!!

((((hugs))))
    Annette
  20. theimpossibleflute

theimpossibleflute New Member

I am not yet in the medical field...am a sophomore undergrad., but would like to go to medical school and hopefully do brain research for psychology. I'll let you know if I find any brain abnormalities in us!! LOL!
    Abby