It seems that when I'm happy, I don't hurt :P

Discussion in 'General Health & Wellness' started by justrosy, Jul 22, 2009.

1. justrosy

justrosy New Member

I have had fibro symptoms since I was 12 years old. Basicly, I'd get tested for arthritus every year and every year I'd get a "gosh, we don't know what's wrong with you, but it isn't arthritus". Finally, I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia. But, this doc wanted to push me some very scary drugs. I ran screaming and changed from pain management to rheumatology. Rheumatologist said he didn't know what was wrong with me, but since I didn't have trigger-points, it wasn't fibro and that I should probably start seeing a therapist since all my physical symptoms were psychosomatic. (grrrr!)

Well... now I do have trigger points.

Before, my bad periods (days, weeks, months) we all when I was stressed out, had done too much, or hadn't had enough sleep. When I wasn't in pain, I was happy and a bit overly optomistic ;) In pain meant tired and sore all over. Now, there are specific "trigger-points".

I'm in a particularly stressful time right now. My husband is gone with the Army, we are closing on our first house soon, I just moved our 4 children 1100 miles by myself, and I'm just not sleeping. When I get my stress under controll, will my trigger-points go away??? Did I just stress myself into a bigger and badder case of fibromyalgia? If so, I am in big trouble. Me and meds really don't get along. I get loopy on ibuprofin :p I really can't function if I'm on medications, but I don't know how I'll function if this is my new "normal".

JustRosy
  2. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Welcome to the board. Lots of nice people here to talk to.

That's great you were able to get the family moved. Moving is a big
    job even for healthy people.

We have a Fibro/Chronic fatigue board here. You might want to visit that.

The chit chat board is a good place to visit for a little social life. Talk
    about kids, pets, music, books, etc.

Rock