It was inevitable

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by KMD90603, Sep 12, 2006.

1. KMD90603

KMD90603 New Member

So, this is week 3 of my second to last semester of nursing school. By the end of the first week I already felt the CFS/ME flaring up. Now, I'm already sick with a cold, running fevers, and feeling achy. It was only a matter of time before this happened.

I just can't stand this. I mean, is this what the rest of my life is going to be like? Getting sick or relapsing every time I'm just the tiniest bit stressed out? If that's the case, then I want to return this body and get an updated model, lol.

Gentle hugs to all,
    Kim
  2. code34me

code34me New Member

I was wondering the same thing? Is this my life? Its like walking on eggshells never knowing how you are going to feel from one day or week to another?

I was an EMT for years (still certified but dont work) I was good at it. I rode dirtbikes like the boys. I was going all the time!

Now I stay at home with my kids 4 and 14. Four year old boy kicks my behind! I tell him "mommy needs a nap" He says okay mommy you nap and I will play!

It really bothers me when I look at the big picture! I guess it is how you look at it huh?

I just understand and wanted to reply.

Take care of you! Codey
  3. Manaleon

Manaleon New Member

When I first got sick, it was two weeks before exams my first semester....I told my body it couldn't be sick right now and it had to get better right away. It responded by knocking me down completely, and the day before my first final, it was decided that I wouldn't be taking any finals at that time. The next semester I was trying to make up my work from my first semester, and trying to keep up classes that semester and the end result was having to withdrawl. At least I tied up all the lose ends for the first semester.

Yeah things have a habit of flairing up at the worse possible times. I had a flare up the week before college started for this semester. And I remember in past semesters it was always before an exam or big project/paper.
  4. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

i have been running fever but that is due to my fibro/cfs...

i try so hard to use antibacterial wipes and not touch anything...i bring my own pens where ever i go...banks...etc..

wipe everything down...i have no darn spleen..

take care...

jodie