It was my birthday thanks to all that lifted my spirits

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ckball, Oct 7, 2007.

1. ckball

ckball New Member

Yep, today I am 52 years old which I am fine with. The pity party is I am still recovering from my foot surgery and not able to do things I want to. I would have loved to drove to Carter Caves with the girls and walk the trails and take pictures of the fall trees.

I have done more than I should this week and I am now in a fatigue flare and wearing this hard flat shoe has caused me arch issues and pain in my calf muscle. The toe is doing great, just having referred pain from walking with pins in my foot.

The topper is my computer is on the fritz AGAIN. I spent HOURS this week making video clips from my digital camera of Missy doing math. I burned a CD and it worked and to free up space on my puter deleted some of them. Now the cd won't play. The others I had not burned yet I organized them and renamed them and put them in a special folder for easy access. My computer "is not responding" to many programs or it take forever to open a program so I did a system restore to the point before the problem started.

Now all the videos I organized and renamed are gone. They start at Missy counting 1 threw 10. Each 25 second clip has her counting, she can go up to ten. She does math too. I ask her what is 2 plus 2 she barks 4 times. 2 plus 3- 5 times. She gets it right everytime. I change it up to confuse her and she still get it right. It really is amazing.

I set up a You Tube account and uploaded a video yesterday but it was the wrong one and it took over an hour to upload because I have dial up. So now I will have to upload at a night, because it really slows my puter to crawl. So I set it up to upload after I go to bed.

I spent a lot of money for this computer but it is almost 2 years old and has been a problem basically the whole time. Now it doesn't want to do anything. I have run my utilities prgrams and it found no problems but I think the memory or processor is going bad.

I know I have a so much to be thankful for and am. But my computer is my life line to the outside world plus my stained glass, art, pictures. One of my flaws is I am impatient and this puter is plucking my last nerve. I lost hours of work on the videos and that bumms me that I wasted all that time and they were so cool.

I wanted to do Your Tube to share with all of you. I spent all day yesterday trying to figure out what is wrong with this thing and got no where.

So thank you all for reading my pity party. I don't have them often but my birthday is also an anniversery. My dad was killed Oct 5, 1960. I was 5 years old, so I have always been depressed during this week. But I have worked very hard to over come it and have succedded the last few years but I feel it creeping back in on me. But I am stuck because of my foot and can't do the things I usually would, then the computer thing is just the icing on the cake, a cake I didn't get for my birthday. I haven't even got one single card or phone call.

I am grateful for all of you and this site. I have made some wonderful freinds here who really undertands what it is like to try to have a life with these dds that try to steal our joy.

I am gratful that I am in a comfortable place in my life and have been blessed with many things. I am trying to remind myself of this, however the whole computer thing is so frustrating right now because it is all I can do right now. It was a planned project to do this while I was recovering from my surgery.

I have about 3000 pics I need to organize and burn CD's to send to family and freinds, now I can't. So thank you for attending my pity party. I know I will get over this bump, it just came at the wrong time. Thank you all for your support and kindness you have alwasys given me, it truly means the world to me-Carla
    [This Message was Edited on 10/07/2007]
    [This Message was Edited on 10/08/2007]
  2. sisland

sisland New Member

Happy Birthday Dear!

Darn P.C's! sounds like your way more hi-tech savy than i!,,,,,,,I can Barley organize my photos yet!,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,So sorry you lost all the hard work!,,,Where are the Carter caves located?
  3. Khalyal

Khalyal New Member

Hugs for you!

Happy birthday, sweetie!

I know what you are saying re the computer. It's my lifeline, too. Talk about shooting yourself in the foot, the other day I had a temper tantrum and guess what I threw off my lap? Yep, the computer.

I swear, this disease has made me retarded.

By the way, I visited your website the other day. You are SO talented!

Here are 55 hugs for you! The extras are for Missy and Twyla and Smitten!

4. victoria

victoria New Member

And a cake with a candle to go with it! If enough of these icons are posted by us, lol, we just might get together 52 candles for you?

I'm amazed you have the energy to do all you do! (Right now I'm sitting in my office full of stacked papers, it only gets cleaned 2X/year LOL... thinking today is the day tho.) I'm looking forward to seeing your videos!

Computers can be so frustrating... I read that if you get thru the first 3-6 months or so with no problems, usually the computer continues to run well for a long time, otherwise it's a pickle? Maybe it's time to gift yourself with a replacement, just a thought,

All the best,

5. Khalyal

Khalyal New Member

Sounds like you may be short on RAM. Do you know how much your computer has? Depending on what programs you are running you may not have enough. Windows itself is RAM intense, but so are a lot of art/photo/programs, and Microsoft Office is a pig.

It's very cheap and VERY easy to upgrade RAM.

To check, go to All Programs/Accessories/System Tools/System Information. Under System Summary, scroll down to Total Physical Memory. That shows you how much you have. Right underneath that, it shows how much is actually available.

6. ckball

ckball New Member

Khalya- I will check the ram out, I am running a scan for virus's now, I have McAfee paid and twice I got a back door one.

Sisland - thank you, I would be lost without a computer, esp with the whole foot thing.

Victoria- I have a drawer in a dresser that has all my paper work. I cleaned it first of the year vowing not to let it pile up again, guess what? I find myself going threw stacks of paper looking for that form or what ever I need.

Good news!!! I found my cd with the doggie videos. In fibro fog I must have taken it out and wrote dog video's on it and put it up. While I was going threw my mess of a computer cabinet trying to see if the cd's were bad or the computer was. I have a old desktop still in the cabniet and was putting cd's in it and it would play some but not others.

So I am throwing away the cd's that won't work and cleaning up my mess. Well, there was the cd with the videos, I don't remember doing it. I thought the cd in the laptop was the video's, but nope it is a new one that I haven't recorded on but still won't record. I got a bad batch of cd's, only 1 or 2 of 10 worked. Anyone else had that problem?

Thanks again for the BD wishes-Carla
  7. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Sorry you are having a bad day. Here are some

Hope your glass is always stained;
    Hope your foot is never pained.

Hope your projects all go well;
    Hope your daiseys never tell.

Hope your 'puter doesn't crash;
    Hope your cart will never smash.

Love to you, the girls and Smitten;
    And that's as much as I have written.

8. kholmes

kholmes New Member

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! And many happier returns. I'm sure you will solve all of your computer problems soon.

9. pw7575

pw7575 New Member

Sorry you are feeling so down :( I just wanted to say Happy Birthday and I hope something wonderful puts a smile on your face today!

Take Care,
  10. laceymae

laceymae New Member

Happy Birthday to you...

The foot will heal, you can't keep a good woman down.

Let me know when you are going to the Caves and I'll try to meet up with you. Cant walk far, but if we had a sled we could hitch the girls to it and let them pull us.

It is always so sad here this time of year...My BIL was killed 10 years ago this week and it always seems so fresh...

take care and hugs...

11. ckball

ckball New Member

Oh Rock how sweet, I love the poem, are you sure your not a reincarnated famous writter, whose names escape me now but several come to mind.

Fight I am so sorry about the BF, look at it as a lesson and move on. You will fight the right guy and one that deserve you as a mate. Hand in there

Karen thank for the smile

Ken always nice to see you, I hope married life and home ownership is serving you well.

Molly- thanks my day have improved greatly already

Pam- thanks for stopping by to wishme HB

Lacey- that sounds great. It has been a long time since I have been to the caves. BTW for someone else that asked
    Carter Caves State Park is about 60 miles from Ashland KY,
    maybe 60 form Lexington. Beautiful place for hiking.

Lacey I won't make this year, but spring I will be ready. Now I will settle for riding my cart in "my backyard" which is 1000's of acres of woods but trails.

So happy trails -See ya and thanks for comin by- Carla

[This Message was Edited on 10/07/2007]
  12. Pottersclay

Pottersclay New Member

Happy Birthday Carla!

You will have to make up for your not being able to get around well on your next birthday.

I hope your day was special anyway.

BTW...we share a birthday. I turned 42 today.

13. 1sweetie

1sweetie New Member

I hope you are still accepting Happy Birthday wishes. I'm sorry this one is late but I haven't been on the board as often recently and I did not know it was your birthday.

So sorry "things" were not so great on your day. I pray for better days for you.

14. ckball

ckball New Member

Thanks SW, Pottersclay and Sweetie. My day ended up being a good one after the rocky start. I took lemons and made lemonade, with a little Bailey's,;-) Carla