It wasn't me

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by therealmadscientist, Mar 12, 2008.

1. therealmadscientist

therealmadscientist New Member

Before you hear the news tomorrow, I wish to formally disavow any connection to the discovery of 56 sticks of dynamite and fertilizer found in a nearby location.

As you know, I abhor violence.

Merely a coincidence that the soon-to-be-famous person lived in Northern California. Again, it wasn't me!

[This Message was Edited on 03/13/2008]
  2. morningsonshine

morningsonshine New Member

That's exactly what went thru my mind too!!!
  3. boltchik

boltchik New Member

Reallllllllllly..............I'll have to think about that. Lol! Is the Realmadscientist's true identity soon to be known?!! Kim ;)

4. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

goodness it wasn't you, RealMad. I was so worried.

Wouldn't dynamite and fertilizer be redundant? Or was the perpetrator trying to create a dirty bomb?

I always think any enterprise involving dynamite is a noble endeavor.

5. Doober

Doober New Member

sounds like guilty concious???????....LOL

It is good to know that you are not that type of "mad scientist"........LOL
  6. therealmadscientist

I protested just the right amount!

Kind of a sleepless night for people in Quincy....I heard three of the explosions after getting off work after 5AM. Pretty loud.

People here took it pretty cheerfully. Jokes about the new fishing holes, etc, abounded.

Not sure of details.....mainly rumours.....may have been "500 sticks" of dynamite instead of "fifty six". Guess something called "cardboard mortars" and some things that looked like small cannon balls were found.

I guess a fourty-four year old guy was found dead there last year and the dynamite,etc, was under the trailer and found the when place cleaned up. wasn't me!

Hmmmm, I wonder: Maybe the old dynamite was placed there after the guy died, to create a red herring to divert police from the main cache of explosives? Nawww.

Cheers, Your Mr Bill

7. therealmadscientist

I have always loved your happy goat photo. "Forensic mental health clinician"?.....maybe you'll be called into the case!

Guess you've been following the big goat scandal in Plumas county. The thing I can't figure is how nine of the 33 kids died after being taken by "kid" protective animal services. Some of the people caring for the kids caught an intestinal parasite, cryptosporidium I think.

Cheers, your mr Bill
    Oh, I checked with one of emergency people and they had considered the above red herring hypothesis, but the dynamite had been in place too long.

Apparently dynamite can be just burned, so a debate about whether to burn in place or move to someplace else to destroy occured. Finally they decided to move it because if tried burning then all it would take is one stick falling to cause an explosion.

I'll be away for a few days off, etc.

[This Message was Edited on 03/14/2008]
    [This Message was Edited on 03/14/2008]
  8. kjade

kjade New Member

So....what happened there? I am across the country so I haven't heard about anything there, but I am keeping my mouth shut for you! THAT what "realmadscientist" means? Understand now...........
  9. springwater

springwater Active Member

I dont get it...what could have been the reason for someone hoarding that amount of dynamite? Please dont tell me theres would be terrorists lurking around that part of the country. Is nowhere safe?

Very relieved to hear you vowing your non involvement in all this, Madscientist, (even before anyone asked). Hmmmm...enough to raise suspicions. But with an id like that, guess one has to be careful.

God Bless
  10. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

I thought it was all a firmament of somedobby's imagination.

If you go here you can see the story and a picture of the dynamite in person.

This is why you should always inspect the basement before you buy a home.

Georgia: cows' foot massage; Haha!