Itch on thigh I scratch and huge purple bruise!!!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by hensue, Nov 10, 2010.

1. hensue

hensue New Member

Does everyone get this?? I did not scratch that long or that hard for it to turn into a bruise.
    Have had it before on arms.

Is this fibromyalgia??
  2. lisadot

lisadot New Member

I don't know that I am aware fibro causes bruising per se. I am wondering if you are taking meds which are thinning your blood too much? Things like aspirin, Advil, Celebrex, etc? Can I assume your doctor has run bloodwork on you in the past and you don't have any clotting issues or low platelet count history?

I'm not sure if this helped you or not...

3. hensue

hensue New Member

No drug thinning cannot take advil, tylenol all I take is wellbutrin and blood pressure med.

Night something to sleep.

I have no bruises elswhere only where I start itching usually on thigh or on arm.

Did not scratch hard enough for bruises to appear. It is really strange I have had this before but today the bruise or read and blue area is huge and hurts. Just like a bruise.

Otherwise I have no bruises at all. Only from scratching where I had been itching.

It is weird

no clotting or low platelet count history. Doc runs my bloodwoork once a year before prescribing med. My cholesterol is wonderful, sometimes have a positive ana he goes back and forth on it but ruled out lupus finally.

4. sweetbeatlvr

sweetbeatlvr New Member

did you ever find out what this was?

i've also had this happen a few times. i get this weird itch on my thighs. i will scratch, not hard enough to bruise, but will end up with bruises that go from the top of my knee all the way up to my hip. it's very strange and concerning because the bruises are so big. my entire thigh is one big bruise, on both legs.

let me know if you've found anything out.
  5. kat0465

kat0465 New Member

i have been noticing bruising on ( of all things) my hands! i can do any little thing and they bruise. im guessing im busting blood vessels for some reason.

i also have the tiny red dots all over my upper torso( petechia) doc dosent have a clue what thats about either. we have wierd bloodwork sometimes, so i guess this diaease kinda messes with our blood. but most of the time it's not severe enough to show much of anything on bloodwork, i know it makes no sense!!

6. hensue

hensue New Member

I have talked with a close friend of mind and she has MS. She also has itching everynight.
    Granted she claws her legs and ankles till they are black and blue. This is differrent I gingerly scratched my leg and the bruise is stil there and was as big as my thigh. Not a small bruise because I have big thighs lol. Now it is smaller and down to yellow and blue and much smaller.

I have quit taking fish oil for a while I do wonder if that might be the culprit.

All of you are soooo sweet and when oh when are we going to quit hurting and have some energy???
    Is it in the cards yet?

Love you all