Itching - Anyone know causes?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Rosiebud, Sep 22, 2005.

1. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

I've read and answered a few posts recently on what to take to relieve itching but I'm wondering if anyone know what causes this.

I can go days without itching then it starts, it can be in one place or it can move around. Antihistamines help but I'm wondering why it's happening in the first place.

Thanks

Rosie
  2. tonakay

tonakay New Member

are you taking any new meds that could be causing it?
  3. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

no new meds but I've just realised that I put Comfort on some of my clothes, not my underwear as I have a definite reaction to that. I bet thats what it is.

New Medication is one thing some people with itching could consider.

I'll leave this post a bit in case anyone has ideas that others could use.

Thanks
    Rosie
  4. Bailey-smom

Bailey-smom New Member

I have wondered if changes in the weather are my cause. I tend to get dry/itchy in the winter more so than in the spring & summer. It is already happening.

Kelly
  5. tonakay

tonakay New Member

what is the Comfort that you talked about?

Thanks,
    Tona
  6. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

Tonakay, the Comfort is a conditioner you put in your wash, it's UK, you will use other kinds in States

Sam - that's terrible for you, just shows you how easy it is to contract these things. I have a scalp condition, I suppose its a seborrhea thing but docs say they dont know, as usual. Had it so long, I'm used to it now. I'll check out that cream you get and see if we get it here. Thanks.

Baileys-mum - that could be me because it's only started recently and if it was clothes conditioner I'd have had it in summer.

thanks
    Rosie