Itching what stops it?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Fibrolady37, Dec 12, 2002.

1. Fibrolady37

Fibrolady37 New Member

Hi all hope youre not having too much pain,
  2. Fibrolady37

Fibrolady37 New Member

Hi all hope youre not having too much pain,
  3. kay

kay New Member

NEVER mentioned where you itch at, but When I take a shower, before I dry off I put baby oil all over my body, then dry off. That way you aren't all oiley, and you'LL still have moisture on you skin. Linda
  4. HOUSEOFBLUES

HOUSEOFBLUES New Member

Sometimes itching can be caused by a high Histamine level in our bodies. If so, Benadryl may be able to help you.
    Also, after I shower and dry off I use Baby Magic Lotion
    on my body to help the dry itchy skin. Aveeno soap is good to use too.
    Hope this helps.......

Love,
    HOB
    [This Message was Edited on 12/12/2002]
  5. spaz

spaz New Member

Hello, I use to itch all the time.It was like it was in my veins and would spread through my whole body.It has to due with the histamines in your body.Mine are triggered by temperature change.I now take zertec daily and the itch is gone. Hope this helps.
  6. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

By using Chirldren's Benadryl, you can more easily manage the dose so as not to feel drowsy during the day. Conversely, at night, a higher dose helps with sleep. It is sold in dollar stores for, of course, a dollar and contains the same active ingredient as the stuff which costs $7-9 in other stores.

Dr. St. Amand says we have cells just under the skin which release histamine when broken open. People with FMS are more prone to breaking these cells which are just under the skin. That is what causes itching and the creepy/crawly sensation.

Love, Mikie
  7. Milo83

Milo83 New Member

I just had a post on here awhile ago regarding itching..
    I itch, itch, itch, & it drives me up the wall..And NO, mine is not all dry skin..You will find, that people with any type of autoimmune problems often have itching as a complaint..
    I take Clariten to help mine, but it really doesn't help all the much..
    I have a rhuemy appt. right after the holidays, so I want to check into it more..........
    Did you try Aveno soap.......
    Take Care.........Donna
  8. kredca4

kredca4 New Member

I find that Vistril helps me with the Itching, I can get some real itchy spots on my hands and in the arch of my right foot that can drive me up a wall.
    My Rhumey Doc. put me on Vistril 3 years ago, and so far everything works ok.

I tried the Benedryl and ended up in the ER, I had taken to much of it and had a bad reaction to it. That's when they started me on the Vistril, but I didn't take it on a daily basis, just when I had insect bites, I was living in Idaho and man are the Mosquitos big there, lol, and they love to eat folks with FMS.

Three years ago I started the all over itching, and started taking the Vistril 2/3 x a day. Helps with the Pain too.

Hope you have found some releif for the itches.
    Sincerely
    kredca4