Itching With Fibro

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by moonbeam032365, Oct 5, 2005.

1. moonbeam032365

moonbeam032365 New Member

does anyone have ithching with fibro like things are crawling
  2. vertiesmth

vertiesmth New Member

HI, YES SOME TIMES YOU CAN ITCH ALL OVER AND SOMETIMESIN ONE PLACE LIKE YOUR HAND OR FOOT. IT'S REALLY CRAZY. IT'S THE NERVES AND NERVE ENDINGS. OF ALL THE NUTTY SYMPTOMS THAT GO WITH THIS FIBRO. I'VE NEVER SEEN ANY THING LIKE IT.
    AND PAIN IS THE SAME WAY, IT CAN START IN ONE PLACE THEN MOVE TO ANOTHER. GOOD LUCK AND LOVE, VERTIE
  3. GinnyB

GinnyB New Member

Hi, Moonbean,

Yes, sometimes I itch all over and sometimes in just one place, although it usually starts in one place and goes all over. I don't have a sensation of anything crawling on me, but it does feel as though something bit me only nothing did. Sometimes I get hives with it and sometimes a rash that fades away in an hour or so. That's how my fibro began, with a terrible rash. The docs thought I had lupus. I wish I could tell you something that helps, but I really haven't found much yet. One dermatologist gave me hydrocortisone cream with menthol mixed in. It really didn't help the itching that much, but it helped because the menthol felt cold. The other thing that helped some was hydroxyzine, but it made me so drowsy I was dragging all the time. If you find anything really effective, please let me know. Good luck,
    GinnyB
  4. jbennett2

jbennett2 New Member

but it is also a symptom of Lyme. Have you ever been tested? Hundreds and hundreds of people have Lyme and are being told they have something else. From FM to MS. The Western Blot is the best test.
  5. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

I have problems with the itching, too. In fact the toes on my right foot are itching as I am typing this! Worst places are my back, feet and arms. I have to be careful not to itch so much that it bleeds. I haven't had the problem with the "crawly" feeling in some time, though.

Just another fun symptom of FMS!

Ellen
  6. 1horse

1horse New Member

yes I have itching,crawling sensations and it also feels like it is clear to the bone and really can cause sores etc.the dr. said nerves, i say fibro,and I know I am right. bendyral cream, aveeno crean sort of helps.
  7. reebok22202

reebok22202 New Member

Actually, I've read that people with Fibro send off an enormous amount of histamine in their bodies. More than the normal person would. Which causes all the itching. I have gone for the last year or so with a real bad cronic itch...my head, hands, feet, everywhere. The Dermatologist said I may never know what it is. But after reading "Fibromyalgia Advocate" book, I learned this. It is an awesome book that I think everyone with Fibro should obtain. The book breaks it down for each doctor and what they should know about your condition. "What your urologist should know", "what your cardiologist should know"....ect. Their is a section for just about every doctor out there. It will help out in your dx. I go to the internist, urologist, gastenterologist, rhumatologist, dermatologist. And I have spent so much time and money on all kinds of test, just to find these few pages for each doctor would of saved alot of time and money.

8. romie

romie New Member

most of the time it is the meds..........
    if it too bad they can give you something for it....but the cure for me was not good one pill and I was out for 2 days and nights.....would go to sleep standing up.....flushed those puppies LOL
  9. lease79

lease79 New Member

Right now I am itching all over & it's driving me CRAZY!! Coupled with the crawling sensations are enough to send me truly bonkers.
  10. Sue50

Sue50 New Member

when I haven't had enough water to drink, I get dehydrated very easily, sometimes I just can't swallow anything including water. I use a lot of lotion on my arms, legs and feet, intensive care brand or lotion with aloe vera in it.
  11. moonbeam032365

moonbeam032365 New Member

i read your profile and my daughters b-day is christmas eve
  12. kch64

kch64 New Member

HI Moonbeam

It can be the most terrible feeling. I had it really bad for several years, but not as bad anymore.

Mine felt like bugs crawling under my skin and then I had burning pain and itching or stinging like little sparks hitting under my skin.

Its the strangest feeling. Hang in there, it can get better.

Mine became a little better after my hypothyroid (borderline) was diagnosed and treated. But it still took time to go away. Didn't happen overnight.

Kendra
  13. sdown

sdown New Member

I get an itchy scalp and itchy in the crotch area. I told my doctor that I read an article on the internet about some farmer giving kelp and apple cider vinegar to his cows and they no longer have scabies, lice, itchiness, whatever. So my doctor said its OK to take kelp and apple cider vinegar. Doc said dont take too much kelp as it could off balance your thyroid. Be careful to consume apple cider vinegar with a straw as it could damage the enamel on your teeth. If you do drink it from a glass without a straw brush your teeth afterwards. I take 3 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar a day with meals. I take kelp 3x a day (250 mg). The doc said Im emitting more carbon dioxide than a healthy person due to the mercury fillings I used to have. This differently has helped with my itchiness. My 11 year old son has brought home lice from school a few times but overall its just plain itchiness and no one else in my family gets it. You have to be cautious with the lice shampoos because there have been known cases of convulsions and death in children and adults because these products are composed of insecticides.
  14. sdown

sdown New Member

Just to let everyone know I discovered I have ringworm. My husband has jock's itch which is also called ringworm. I have red bumps in the crotch area but Im itchy all over. It is contagious. My husband got some lamisil cream (you need a prescription for it). Im sharing it with him now until I can get to the doctor's. There are different types of ringworm. There is ringworm of the feet which is also known as athlete's foot. Then there is ringworm of the body. So there are different areas in the body you can get this yeast. Some people have to take oral anti-fungal medication as well as the creams.