Itching with FMS????????

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Milo83, Dec 9, 2002.

1. Milo83

Milo83 New Member

Ok, I am a FM patient, but also have AIH (autoimmune hepatitis - which can cause itching)
    You can also have itching with some other disorders..
    How many of you get itching and only have FMS????
    How many get itching and also have a secondary problem???

Just interested, my itching is driving me crazy lately..
    It looks like I get these real little bumps on my skin, then they start to itch like all H***!! They can appear in the morning and itch for awhile and then go away, ONLY to return during later periods during the day..I have had no medication changes in almost a year..But itching is getting worse.........ANY IDEAS ANY ONE!!!!!!
    THANKS IN ADVANCE........Take Care........Donna
  2. Milo83

Milo83 New Member

Ok, I am a FM patient, but also have AIH (autoimmune hepatitis - which can cause itching)
    You can also have itching with some other disorders..
    How many of you get itching and only have FMS????
    How many get itching and also have a secondary problem???

Just interested, my itching is driving me crazy lately..
    It looks like I get these real little bumps on my skin, then they start to itch like all H***!! They can appear in the morning and itch for awhile and then go away, ONLY to return during later periods during the day..I have had no medication changes in almost a year..But itching is getting worse.........ANY IDEAS ANY ONE!!!!!!
    THANKS IN ADVANCE........Take Care........Donna
  3. TeresaBnGA

TeresaBnGA New Member

Hi,
    I itch all the time, especially on my back. I supposedly only have Fibro and Chronic Fatigue.
    Soft hugs!
    Teresa :)
  4. kellym

kellym New Member

Hi Donna!
    I itch all the time, and I have FM/CFS and Hashimoto's disease. I take 90 mg of allegra a day to help keep it in control. However, when it gets bad enough, I take Atarax ( or Benadryl if no Atarax available). I used to have chronic hives before the allegra.
    Good luck!
    kelly m
  5. kadywill

kadywill New Member

chronically with hives, for long periods of times, since 1973....have seen EVERY kind of doctor and have been told it is an autoimmune problem of unknown etiology. My itching begins ONLY at sundown and is pure misery until morning when I get up. If there are hives, they last for varying lengths of times are are horrible. I have done and tried and read and taken EVERYTHING for this. My offical diagnosis is Chronic Angioedema and Hives from an unspecified connective tissue, collagen vascular, autoimmune disease.
    Fancy words for "I itch at night and have hives sometimes and my mouth and eyes and throat swell." The only effective treatment has been megadoses of Prednisone for long periods of time. Period.
    Kady
  6. Milo83

Milo83 New Member

I want to thank everyone for their imput so far..But yours has really helped me..Rheumy keeps saying I might have this or that, but nothing concrete yet..I do have other autoimmune problems besides my AIH..
    I do itch off and on during the day, but mine is also worse at night.........
    Take Care.........Donna
  7. dlizard

dlizard New Member

seriously... sometimes its my feet and other times other places... the itch moves around but I have more often than not.. Good luck!
  8. nitalynn

nitalynn New Member

I itch alot but I think mine is medication related.
  9. phenom

phenom New Member

my itching drives me crazy - eyes, neck, arms, legs - you name it - everywhere. mind you, i have lots of allergies and bad hayfever - so i don't know if mine is related to my fibro or not. have a good one.

phenom