Itchy armpits anyone?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Sunshine91, Feb 14, 2007.

1. Sunshine91

Sunshine91 New Member

I'm so sorry if this has been covered already but I'm brand new to this board. I've had a diagnosis of FM for about 5 years -- although I also meet all but one or so critical criteria for about 20 other things and it's unclear if I am just an atypical "specimen" of one of those (e.g., lupus) or truly FM.

Anyway, the latest and maybe most aggravating symptom is itchy armpits. I thought I saw something on the web at one point that claimed it is a lesser known/acknowledged/admitted to symptom.

Anyone else have these and whatever do you do about it?

I've found a deodorant that minimizes the itch and have abandoned all other personal care products in case allergy plays a role (thank goodness for the end of menopause and the fact that I no longer sweat like a pig!). Meanwhile, this is embarassing, painful, and depressing -- none of which I need on top of my other "issues!"
  2. LouiseK

LouiseK New Member

If the change of deodorant helped that is likely the problem. However, I had tender, armpits that itched. The tenderness and itch even spread into my breasts. The doctors raised an eyebrow as they do. I later realized it was part of the CFS. Tender axillary (armpit) lymph nodes are common. In my case I believe the lymph nodes were also affected into the breasts which makes sense as there are so many in the breasts.

Of course, they tell us we have tender lymph nodes but do they ever stop to consider what that means??!! Seemingly noot. The lymphatic system is very very important to all bodily function. Why don't they address this?

Some smart person here posted an exhaustive and very informative article about how important the lymphatic system is. Worth the read. I guess doctors don't care about it because they can't prescribe a pill or operate. The liver is the only part of it that gets any notice and even then they just want to check with blood tests to see if it's already ruined. Ha ha.

Okay. Off soapbox.
  3. pw7575

pw7575 New Member

Not sure why but I get this sometimes. I have CFS. When it started happening I switched to a sensitive skin deoderant and that seems to work. Sometimes I still get the itching every now and then but don't know why so I don't know if the deoderant has anything to do with it or not.

It is strange. I guess we become sensitive to a lot of things with these illnesses. Too many strange symptoms! :)

Sorry that you are having this problem. These illnesses have some strange effects on us.

Maybe your doctor can suggest something?? Some sort of anti itch cream?? Not sure. Wish I could help more. I use Dove deoderant the sensitive skin formula.

Take Care,
    Pam
  4. ulala

ulala New Member

and figured out that it was an allergic reaction to kava. Are you taking any new supplement or medicine?
  5. bluewing

bluewing New Member

lotion, deoderant, etc. Maybe it's the scent, I don't know, but the more expensive the more likely I am to be allergic to it. The rub-on stick deoderant is the first thing that makes me break out in a terrible rash. I use T...y, don't know if I can say that. It's a roll-on and works great. Underarm itchies are the pits!