Itchy feet at night

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia and ME & Chronic Fatigue Syndrome' started by luigi21, Jun 22, 2013.

1. luigi21

luigi21 Member

Does anyone else suffer this, its not athletes foit or anything like that my feet look fine, but they itch like mad some nights. I feel like im going to scratch the skin off.

Thanks

Katherine.
  2. aessig

aessig Member

Yes, I have that. But it is only the tops of my feet and around my ankles. Don't know what it is from.
  3. luigi21

luigi21 Member

yes, tops of feet and ankles only, drives me mad.
  4. ClaireM77

ClaireM77 Member

Hi, I was getting really annoying itchy feet at night, but for me, it was my heels. One GP sent me for a nerve conduction test and that was fine, then I read about Small Fiber Peripheral Neuropathy on Wikipedia. This fitted what I experienced really well, it was a prickly/itchy feeling and didn't show up on the nerve conduction tests because it was in the small nerves. This could be the same for you too, particularly if you have Fibromyalgia. When I started taking Gabapentin for my FM, it helped my feet a lot. I hope that may be of some help. Claire
  5. luigi21

luigi21 Member

thank you for your replies glad to know im not alone in this. I did take Gabapentin at one point for a number of years. Was very good for pain but like all meds i had to increase dosage which came with its own side effects.
    I may consider it again now since you mention it and im at a loss. I have read that I should get my LFT as itchy feet especially at night can be related to the liver.

Thank you both

Katherine.
  6. plec

plec Member

Hello all,from down under.New to this, stumbled upon you today and after reading a bit couldn't not tell my story. 21 years ago i felt much like so many of you.Always crook, chronic muscle pain,bloating,diarrea,hayfever,blood noses,fatigue etc.and surprise surprise not being able to find a doctor who could give a rats.After almost hitting rock bottom i found a great doctor who ordered me on to a gluten and yeast free diet.Anything that might contain moulds, mushrooms and msg.Like everyone at first I thought I could stray off the diet, but soon found even small amounts of gluten brought back symptoms that would often last weeks.These days I never purposely stray and can honestly say my health has never been better.I'm 53 years young, work physically hard as abuilder,love surfing and kicking the footy with my boy. So, to anyone out there who's stressed,ill and struggling like so many of you sound, I strongly recommend you have a real crack at a strict gluten and yeast free diet.
  7. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

This can also be a symptom of diabetes but if one had diabetes, there would likely be other symptoms. Itchy, painful, tingling feet and legs are common in a lot of conditions. My clonazepam helps with this.

Love, Mikie
  8. jaminhealth

jaminhealth Well-Known Member

My feet have gotten itchier in the last year and OA started in my feet about 4 yrs ago or so, the last area to HIT my body...so for me, I believe it's arthritis...I have stiffness, not a lot of pain per se, but stiffness and that is arthritis.....could be some FM thrown in, who knows anymore. I have good blood sugar levels and very very careful with carbs/sugars./...avoid them like the plague. jam
  9. Malaya's Jima

Malaya's Jima Member

Wow! I knew I wasn't going crazy however I thought maybe there were little mites under my desk because most of the time when I take my shoes off the tops of my feet around my ankles would itch like crazy. The same as the others...no noticeable bug bites. Thank you for helping me find my new family that have itchy feet!:D