Itchy Fingernails Anybody?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by PegasusFlies, Sep 10, 2003.

1. PegasusFlies

PegasusFlies New Member

My boyfriend has had FMS for years, he also has RLS (Restless Legs Syndrome). One of the symptoms he recently mentioned to me is itchy fingernails. Has anyone ever experienced this? It is a constant state for him. If anyone has ever experienced this, do you know how to treat it?

Peg
  2. Susan07

Susan07 New Member

I don't have this, but wanted to bump you up so you don't get lost on page 2.
  3. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Hi Peg, welcome to the board. Many of us have itchiness that is unexplainable, mine was itching ears, the outer ear . Not anything wrong with them, but they would just start itching for no reason.

Your boyfriend might consider taking magnesium, its a vital mineral that most of us with FM/CFS are deficient in.

It heals our muscles while we sleep, and has a good impact on our skin also.

I take ZMA (zinc, magnesium and vitaminB-6), 2 capsules before bed for women, and three for men. This supplement is wonderful for deep sleep, muscle spasms, ALSO RLS which I also had before I started taking ZMA 18 months ago.

I have less FM pain, seldom get spasms now, and am sleeping deeply for 7-8 hours a night without waking up every hour.
    And yes, my ears stopped itching too!!

If you decide to try it, please be sure to get the product by SNAC, or buy direct from this board you are on, which now sells the SNAC brand of ZMA for its members. The other brands, including GNC do not work. I have tried them all.

IF you want to read more about ZMA just go to the 'Store' link at the top of this page and type in ZMA. Lots of good information.

AGain, welcome to the board, and tell your boyfriend to try the ZMA, and in the mean time, try a bath in;

3 cups of Epson Salts
    3 bottles of Peroxide (large)
    In a tub of warm as he can stand water for twenty minutes only. Be sure to keep his hands under the water. The epson salts (is magnesium) will help with the itching, plus he will get a goodnights sleep from the soak.

Goodluck!

Shalom, Shirl

4. jadibeler

jadibeler New Member

It could be that your boyfriend is developing a mycotic fungal infection. That's usually on the toenails (seen that commercial with the little bug that gets under the toenails?) but it can be contracted on the fingernails also. There is Tinactin and Lamasil but I think the best would be Oil of Oregano. I read about putting it on mycotic nails. If this is the case, he could have a systemic Candida overgrowth, which is also cleared up (hopefully) by taking drops (only) of O of O under the tongue. That's what I'm going to be trying, anyway. It's pricey but the bottle I saw contains 216 2-drop doses, so it should last a long time. It's very strong.

JoAnn
  5. PegasusFlies

PegasusFlies New Member

Thank you Shirl. Will try the magnesium and definitely look into ZMA through SNAC. Will let you know how it works out.

Also we'll try the epsom/hydrogen peroxide baths.

Peg
  6. PegasusFlies

PegasusFlies New Member

Thanks JoAnn,

Since John hasn't tested positive for Candida in all these years, and his fingernails or nailbeds have no visible marks, I think we'll save O of O as a backup. However, perhaps I'll get him to try it on his toenails in the mean time.

Peg
  7. PegasusFlies

PegasusFlies New Member

Thanks Jan,

Researched "Id Reaction" - never even heard of it before, very interesting. Doesn't match John's symptoms but good to know about nonetheless.

Peg