Itchy hands???

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by whoachief, Oct 22, 2005.

1. whoachief

whoachief New Member

I have had several episodes in the past 2 months where my hands itch so bad (inside?) that I can't stand it. I can't take Benadryl (except at night) because it puts me to sleep & I have 4 little ones. I don't know of any specific thing that triggers it. Anyone else experience this or know what I could do? It usually only lasts for 10-20 minutes but it so intense that it drives me nuts. I can't hardly stand it!! Any advice? Thanks
  2. cshellz

cshellz New Member

Sorry to hear about your problem--egad this dd has soooo many different symptoms!!
    I get something like this occasionally--only usually on just part of my hand at a time--lots of times near a joint.
    Sometimes a vein/vessel(?) will also get large and burst. It is annoying--and embarrasing as when it breaks it hurts!!! To get back to the itching--if I am home I can usually stop the "events to come" and the itching by applying ice. Take an ice cube and wrap it in a towel or napkin so it isnt directly on the area.
    Usually a few minutes and it gets much better--Hope this helps a bit. Also--I havent used it, but they make Benadryl CREAM! Or maybe some Aloe gel with lidocaine? (We have some for summer sunburns)
    Good luck!!
  3. cshellz

cshellz New Member

HOW IS IT GOING...?
  4. whoachief

whoachief New Member

I tried the ice last night & it did seem to help. It didn't really help the itching be any less but helped it "go away" faster (if that makes any sense). I'm going to mention it to the doctor next time I go but hate to make a seperate trip for it. Thanks!!