Itchy skin?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kimbleu, Jul 30, 2006.

1. kimbleu

kimbleu New Member

I have been having pain and stiffness in my hands and feet ever since this heat has kicked in. Along with that, my hands and feet are "itchy". Does anyone ever notice the itchiness when you are experiencing a flair?
  2. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

Kimvlue:

I use good old fasioned Valselene on myself after rubbing Geriguard on it. (That is the stuff they use on a person in the hospital on long term care).

I rub the Geriguard on my body completely, the add the Vaseline 'Utrahealing' product on top of it.

It works for me, especially on the hands.

nyrofan
  3. srollins

srollins New Member

but my back itches to the point i think i will go nuts. weather does not seem to be an issue though.my problem is my upper back between my shoulder blades. i have tried everything. my husband will try to help me but i sweat as he is scatcing for me the itch is traveling. i have even tried the products that exfoliate your skin but nothing has worked. i ask my husband if he can see a rash or anything and he swears he doesn't see a thing. oh well one more cross to bear i guess.

anyway my dear, i wish i had an answer for you.i would think you could rule out detergent since it is your hands and feet.
    hopefuilly someone will be along shortly to shed some light.

shirley
  4. Bruin63

Bruin63 Member

I was wondering if you have FMS or CMPD?
    I see you are New here, and I want to Welcome you, and just say I hope you find answers here to your questions helpful.

I have FMS/CMPD and my body, as a result, overproduces Histamine.
    So I itch, a lot, like on the bottoms of my feet, right in the arch, or on the inside of my fingers, I usually rub them with a White Washcloth, so I don't scratch my skin.

My Rhuemotoligst, has me on Vistril, which sure helps, and has helped, me get rid/ or cope with of some of the other Symptoms, I have from the FMS/CMPD.

Like Anxiety, and also for sleep, when I use it at night with my other meds.

DO you get bite a lot by Mosquitos, or Black Flies, I sure do, another reason for the Vistril. It helps with Insect bites too.

Sorry , I got so windy,
    Again Welcome to the Message Board.

sharonk
  5. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

I take an antihistamine when I start itching because once it starts it gets out of control and I could scream.

love
    Rosie
  6. CockatooMom

CockatooMom New Member

Hi Kimbleu,

I have itchy skin too. My counsler told me that feeling itchy is another way of pain being released from the body. I don't know if this is a fact or not.

My itchiness is always on my arms and legs. Sometimes after taking a shower. It feels like pins and needles pricking me.

It can't be the body wash I use. If I was allergic or sensitive to it, wouldn't you think I would itch ALL OVER? Back, stomach, and all? But I don't...arms and legs only (mostly my lower legs).

I hurt everyday, am always flared, so I do not know if that has anything to do with it or not.

[This Message was Edited on 08/01/2006]
  7. kimbleu

kimbleu New Member

My feet and hands have been hurting and I find that when I walk barefoot on the carpet...it feels good to rub the soles of my feet against the carpet pile! Also, I am having very achy legs.
  8. mrdad

mrdad New Member

Yes. I just woke up from a Nap because I was starting
    to itch. It is a generalized itch that is sub-surface.
    I took an antihistamine and should be fine soon! Only
    problem is they tend to make one a bit sleepy.

MRDAD